8 months ago
Product Design Lead
More information about this job
We began our journey in 2010 with 3 founders and we are now a team of over 40 based in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Stratford East London. Our clients include UBS, EE, Wired Magazine, The Guardian and Formula One among others.
We help clients find clarity in complexity. Living at the intersection of data + design, we create information rich experiences that educate, inspire and help people make hard decisions. In the past seven years, our work has ranged from designing installations for exhibitions and creating interactive web content to creating revenue-generating digital products and services.
As a Product Design Lead you will guide clients and your team through the product design lifecycle: from user research and prototyping through to creating polished UIs and the ultimate rollout of a digital product or service.
You are responsible for driving the team to create experiences that inspire and engage end-users while also making solid business sense.
You must have a portfolio and work experience that demonstrates a passion for:
Strategy and research
* Conducting (and/or commissioning) research to understand customer behaviors, pain points, needs and aspirations
* Identifying insights from customer research and market analysis
* Bring your research to life through personas, insight-opportunity frameworks, system maps, etc.
* Leading stakeholder workshops to help clients understand and agree the product vision and scope.
Collaborative design and development
* Communicating design ideas through service models, customer journeys, industrial designs, system maps and/or infographics and prototypes
* Iteratively designing, testing and refining disruptive products and services
* Ensuring that product delivery is consistent with strategic and consumer insights
* Ensuring a consistent, intuitive, engaging and holistic user experience
* Mentoring more junior members of the team
Experience, skills and professional attributes
* A design degree (architecture, graphic design, product \ industrial, interaction or similar)
* Proven track record designing \ delivering digital products and services across device types (mobile, web, tv, etc)
* Experience working in lean \ agile environments is a plus
If this role matches your skills, experience and motivations then please submit your CV with a covering note identifying why you feel you would be a great addition to the team along with your salary expectations.
In return, we provide a supportive and progressive environment with a wide range of opportunities for you to grow both personally and professionally.
The Economist Group values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.