about 1 year ago
Product Designer UI
More information about this job
Signal Noise, part of the Economist Group, is a design studio for a data driven age.
We began our journey in 2010 with 3 founders and we are now a team of over 40 based in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Stratford East London. Our clients include UBS, EE, Wired Magazine, The Guardian and Formula One among others.
We help clients find clarity in complexity. Living at the intersection of data + design, we create information rich experiences that educate, inspire and help people make hard decisions. In the past seven years, our work has ranged from designing installations for exhibitions and creating interactive web content to creating revenue-generating digital products and services.
Each product team consists of:
* Product manager
* UI / UX designer
* Front-end engineer
* Back-end engineer
* As a UI Product Designer you’ll be supporting the team and getting your hands dirty on a range of products and a range of platforms (web, mobile and more)
* Reporting to a product manager on a day to day basis, you’ll be designing interfaces on real-world applications. These are some of the tasks you’ll be responsible for:
* Understanding end-user needs
* Identifying the moments of engagement, or touch-points, between people and brands
* Creating low fidelity prototypes demonstrating key product features
* Wireframe complex interactions
* Iterating on your design based on feedback from internal reviews and user testing
* Help the team move products from prototypes to production:
* Create style guides (visual and UX patterns)
* Create scalable assets
* Support QA to ensure that the design is implemented as intended.
Experience, skills and professional attributes
Your portfolio should demonstrate and articulate an understanding of layout, typography and visual hierarchy. It should also help us understand the process you that took you to your design solutions.
Software requirements: Adobe CC Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign), MS Office,
* Experience creating interactive prototypes with XD, Invision, or similar
* Experience prototyping micro interactions with Framer, Origami or similar
Experience with video and animation tools (AfterEffects, Premiere
If this role matches your skills, experience and motivations then please submit your CV with a covering note identifying why you feel you would be a great addition to the team along with your salary expectations.
In return, we provide a supportive and progressive environment with a wide range of opportunities for you to grow both personally and professionally.
The Economist Group values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.