“Smiley face. It comes as standard here at TrustFord.”
Our dealership is fuelled by smiles. The ones on our customers’ faces, because they know that they can trust our honest advice, brilliant technicians, our attitude to make it happen and great models. And the ones on our colleagues’ faces, as they love being part of close-knit, local team, where enjoying your day at work is a given. Whether your skills lie in sales, customer service, operations, or the technical arena, if you can help us drive the standard in customer care, we can help you thrive.
So what do we look for from you?
We are looking for an experienced, data-driven and self-directed Product Management professional with strong business analysis skills, to manage the Ford Retail website estate, incorporating TrustFord.co.uk and others.
The successful candidate will be passionate about product management and able to demonstrate success in a similar role. He or she will collaborate closely with the external developers, operations, business analyst, technology, marketing and online marketing teams to assess opportunities, determine required actions, scope project business and technical requirements, manage the integration of projects and report on success metrics.
- Take on the ‘Product Owner’ role developing processes, success criteria and wireframes, working with third party suppliers to optimise the resources available to deliver the agreed roadmap; including UX, frontend, backend and QA resources
- Agree projects & requirements with business stakeholders
- Brief development teams and ensure clear understanding of requirements, and be the main point of contact for clarifications during development
- Find the right compromises (time / feature) to get core functionality delivered in the shortest possible time
- Provide release notes to the business once a release has been agreed
- Identify issues with the current product using surveys and feedback. Analyse and present opportunities for development
- Ensure KPI’s are accurately monitored and tracked using tools such as Google Analytics producing reports where necessary
- Hold the list of product backlog priorities, bugs and solutions working closely with the business to understand areas for improvement
- Act as the entry point for the business for all issues and enhancement requests.
- Domain Name Management – acquiring appropriate domains and ongoing review existing portfolio
- Create SEO friendly web content
- Provide product support/training to the business for the back office Content Management and Stock Management applications
Required skills and experience
The ideal candidate will have the following essential skills:
- Experience in owning the customer funnel, developing product and UX strategies to drive continuous improvement
- Have experience of managing third party, external developers and suppliers
- Have in-depth knowledge of SEO (through technical, on-page and off-site) and how to write SEO friendly content
- Ability to work closely with members of the team to build concepts and sanity check ideas
- Can create user stories from concepts to the appropriate level of detail to ensure both stakeholders and developers understand them and all edge cases are identified
- Be able to provide briefs to third parties that are clear and concise
- Have a working knowledge of development methodologies, from Waterfall to Agile, in order to comfortably manage third party vendors
- Understand how to optimise UX and conversion using split- and multivariate testing techniques
- Have strong analytical toolkit experience, including Google Analytics, Google webmaster tools and other relevant tools supporting online marketing channel analysis and performance measurement
- Produce regular stakeholder facing reports and analysis documents
- Be able to autonomously identify opportunities, generate ideas and formulate strategies and plans for execution
- Be able to build relationships with different people in cross-functional teams internally and manage external resource to effectively get things done
- Have excellent communication skills, along with strong organisation skills and a meticulous attention to detail
- Experience in line-management
The ideal candidate will have the following desired skills:
- Have had training or education in online marketing or related disciplines
- Have a personal interest in the motor industry
- Be highly motivated and excited about working in a fast-paced and highly ambitious company
- Have experience as a project manager
- Demonstrate a flair for getting things done in an entrepreneurial fashion
- Demonstrate leadership, passion and gravitas for product development
In addition to receiving a competitive salary, for the right candidate this position will offer:
- Industry leading package
- 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays) in addition to an annual leave purchase & sale scheme
- Pension Scheme & Life Assurance
- Company Car & fuel card
- Ford Privilege vehicle purchase scheme
- Discount on Service, Bodyshop and Parts
- 1 day each year to volunteer for a charity of your choice
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work purchase scheme
- Discounted Gym membership
- Access to Perks at Work discount website
AN AMAZING OPPORTUNITY WITH ONE OF THE TOP 25 SUNDAY TIMES BEST BIG COMPANIES TO WORK FOR
When completing your application please give specific detail of your experience, skills and previous responsibilities that you believe would be relevant to the role you are applying for.
For your first 2 days in the business, you’ll be attending our fantastic residential induction academy. This is at a lovely hotel in the heart of the Northampton countryside, where you’ll learn all about our business before you start your new role.
TrustFord is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on any grounds other than ability to carry out the job role.
We advertise our vacancies to attract candidates and not agency suppliers. If we need agency assistance then we will contact agencies from our Preferred Supplier List. Any speculative CVs we receive will not be accepted as an introduction.