21 days ago
Location: Slough (flexible for homeworking and flexible hours)
O2 is the commercial brand of Telefonica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefonica S.A. With over 25 million customers across the UK, O2 is one of the world’s most innovative companies putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We’re more than just a network. We open up the endless possibilities of technology, connecting our customers to the things that they love and exploring new ways to open up the world for them.
We’re always on the lookout for great talent. Just like our customers, we offer our employees more. A choice of benefits. Great rewards. Lots of training. Ongoing career development. Flexible approaches to work and we endeavour to make every role open to part time working. There are many reasons to join O2.
What do the team do?
The Product and Category Management Team is a commercially orientated product management team, responsible for the development and implementation of our strategic plan for the Consumer and Business Portfolio (spanning Devices, Connectivity, Communications and Applications).
We sit within Marketing and now have the opportunity to shape our 3 year plan of the B2B and Consumer portfolio. This is where you step in…
How will you fit into this?
As Product manager you will be focused on building a differentiated proposition. It will be your job to communicate this, positioning it into the market place and our internal sales team.
You will be accountable for defining the market requirements, critical success factors, and customer experience that’s essential to win in the market place for your product(s). You will then launch and manage your products through the product lifecycle and out into market. With 5G coming soon this opens up a whole new world of possibilities for you!
Some of the more specific responsibilities:
* Accountable for a range of products across our fixed connectivity services category, consisting of landline, broadband and high speed internet products
* Defining the Category strategy and building a 3-5 year plan to enhance the current portfolio to address customer needs with supporting the take to market plan
* Building a differentiated product proposition, experience and positioning in the B2B market place
What we need from you:
* Experience in building differentiated customer value propositions and product value proposition
* Evidence of working with the “customer at the heart” of all business decision making
* An outstanding communicator with the ability to gain cross business buy in at a senior level
* Strong commercial acumen with experience in building business cases with quantified benefits and the ability to provide a well-articulated view of the opportunities and risks
* Can interpret complex technology issues into business and customer impacts for appropriate decision making
* Experience in managing a large group of stakeholders in a corporate environment across strategic, sales, marketing and operational teams
* Have developed Product Management experience across multiple product and categories with flexibility to manage alternative categories as the market place evolves
We aren’t hung up on people ticking all our requirements, so if you’re early in your career but have a passion for technology and new products then we still want to hear from you!
Salary and benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and some great rewards, including bonus, life cover, health care, good holidays and lots of flexible benefits too.
Telefonica’s commitment to a great work-life balance allows us to consider flexible approaches to working. We also welcome part-time applicants for all of our roles. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you’ll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There’s so much to discover. Your career starts here.