3 months ago
We are O2, the commercial brand of Telefonica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefonica S.A. We put our 25 million UK customers at the heart of everything we do, so we can use our technology to connect them to the experiences they live for.
And just like our customers, we open up exciting possibilities for our employees too. Great benefits. Generous rewards. High-quality training. Ongoing career development. These are just some of the reasons to join us.
We’re always on the lookout for great talent, and we’re all about inclusivity. We want to be a true reflection of our customers and their communities, to help us make the best decisions. That’s why everybody’s welcome at O2 – it’s time to get everyone in the room.
What do the team do?
The Product and Category Management Team is a commercially orientated product management team, responsible for the development and implementation of our strategic plan for the Consumer and Business Portfolio (spanning Devices, Connectivity, Communications and Applications).
We sit within Marketing and now have the opportunity to shape our 3 year plan of the B2B and Consumer portfolio. This is where you step in…
How will you fit into this?
As Product manager you will be focused on building a differentiated proposition. It will be your job to communicate this, positioning it into the market place and our internal sales team.
You will be accountable for defining the market requirements, critical success factors, and customer experience that’s essential to win in the market place for your product(s). You will then launch and manage your products through the product lifecycle and out into market. With 5G coming soon this opens up a whole new world of possibilities for you!
Some of the more specific responsibilities:
* Accountable for a range of products across our fixed connectivity services category, consisting of landline, broadband and high speed internet products
* Defining the Category strategy and building a 3-5 year plan to enhance the current portfolio to address customer needs with supporting the take to market plan
* Building a differentiated product proposition, experience and positioning in the B2B market place
What we need from you:
* Experience in building differentiated customer value propositions and product value proposition
* Evidence of working with the “customer at the heart” of all business decision making
* An outstanding communicator with the ability to gain cross business buy in at a senior level
* Strong commercial acumen with experience in building business cases with quantified benefits and the ability to provide a well-articulated view of the opportunities and risks
* Can interpret complex technology issues into business and customer impacts for appropriate decision making
* Experience in managing a large group of stakeholders in a corporate environment across strategic, sales, marketing and operational teams
* Have developed Product Management experience across multiple product and categories with flexibility to manage alternative categories as the market place evolves
We aren’t hung up on people ticking all our requirements, so if you’re early in your career but have a passion for technology and new products then we still want to hear from you!
We’re looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position. We also offer plenty of extras to sweeten the deal, which could include things like bonuses, life assurance cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits. We also believe a great work-life balance is important, so we’re open to considering part time and flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
If you have any questions about the role then please who will be happy to help.