6 months ago
Product Manager - eCommerce
Updated at, 2019-02-19T08:39:59-05:00
The Dennis Digital Product team has responsibility for delivery of best in class product across our wide portfolio of digital properties. The award-winning product team are expanding due to ambitious plans and targets across our flagship brands. This role is specifically focused on our highly successful eCommerce business buaycar.co.uk. You’ll join an established team and drive key areas such as conversion, acquisition and engagement.
Working closely with the UX team you will ensure a high standard of UX is maintained with the product/feature areas that you manage. You’ll be customer focused always and define and own the product vision and strategy for your area, realising them through your product roadmap.
You’ll use a data-driven approach to identify opportunities and frame the problems to be solved, you’ll also use data to measure the success work that has been carried out - optimising where it makes sense.
You’ll identify opportunities for future developments based on key market trends and prioritise and maximise business value from all product developments by understanding user behaviour and client needs.
Working effectively with various business units to deliver an agreed product roadmap including marketing, BI, management and engineering you’ll create epics & user stories to deliver the product vision. You’ll create robust business cases which lay out clear, measurable benefits in line with Dennis’ strategic objectives and brand ambitions, managing the full life cycle of the assigned products whilst maintaining up-to-date working knowledge of technology/online solutions and developments in the UK and globally.
You will be expected to constantly maintain a pipeline of potential product enhancements which most suitably meet relevant commercial needs and which are prioritised appropriately according to their profitability, ease of implementation and strategic importance.
It would be advantageous if you had experience in the publishing/media space and you’ll have some eCommerce product experience.
You’ll have a strong aptitude for technology and how a feature could be implemented and use that knowledge to help prioritise features, a clear communicator you have the ability to translate complex problems and solutions between engineering and business stakeholders.
Ideally, you’ll be degree qualified and have a formal qualification in Product Management, Marketing or other business or technology related discipline. You’ll definitely have experience working with development teams using agile methodologies, you have a track record of delivery in a fast-paced, demanding environment and experience of user interface & workflow design for business systems.
You will also need working knowledge of application & system integration with external partners, an ability to work well in a cross-functional environment with multiple stakeholders and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet variable deadlines, whilst working autonomously to define own workload.
At Dennis, we’re dedicated to creating brands that people want to work with, and a culture that people want to work in. We’re unique, and so are you. You’ll enjoy a host of benefits and perks when you join us, on top of a satisfying salary. And that’s not all:
* We’re award winning. You will be working across award-winning brands and in award-winning teams and joining a culture where innovation and success are encouraged.
* Our Commitment. We’re very proud to support The Heart of England Forest; an exciting and ambitious charity aiming to plant and preserve the largest native broadleaf forest in England. Founded by our late chairman, Felix Dennis, every employee gets the chance to plant a tree in their name so you can feel part of their vision.
* We’re always thinking of you. You’ll have access to plenty of great benefits such as 28 days holiday, a contributory pension scheme and discounted gym membership.
* We recognise hard work. Have you always dreamed of taking time out of work to travel the world? You’ll be given the opportunity to take a 6 week paid sabbatical after five years service. And if you’re lucky enough to win our Employee of the Year Award you’ll be sent on a holiday of a lifetime to a destination that certainly has the ‘wow’ factor.
* We know how to have fun. Whether it’s swatting up for one of our pub quizzes, creating a costume for our famous fancy dress parties or taking part in a fitness challenge as part of our annual charity day - we can guarantee you will share the enjoyment of life at Dennis.
Being Brilliantly different is part of our DNA – our success is built upon it. What makes you unique is what makes us unique and we’re proud to foster and promote an environment of inclusivity and a celebration of individuality. Dennis does not discriminate. We recruit purely based on your skills, talent and your potential. If you feel you are right for the role, we’d very much like to hear from you!