3 months ago
“Neo... nobody has ever done this before.
That's why it's going to work.”
At Networks Innovation, we are inventing Telefonica’s networks of the future, doing what no one has done before. Are you familiar with SDN, NFV and open source? Are you interested in agile continuous development and deployment processes such as DevOps?
We are transforming the Edge of Telefonica’s Network using SDN and NFV open source technologies by deploying cloud resources at the doorstep of our customers. This will enable us to transform the way we provide existing services enabling us to create a new generation of network services.
The project is leveraging the latest technologies in (1) Cloud infrastructure [Open Compute Project] (2) Telco infrastructure [Telecom Infra Project] and (3) SDN technology [ONOS] to launch Edge Computing pilots across Telefónica’s Footprint.
As Product Manager, you will develop product solutions, measurement and attribution, Go-to-Market plans, and business relationships, to drive Edge Computing use cases.
You will be joining a team of highly motivated intrapreneurs on a quest to transform Telefónica’s Network and change the game by disrupting the existing ecosystem.
Define the positioning, messaging, and Go-to-Market (GTM) for our Edge Computing use cases, from ideation to product delivery. Partner with Tech team to build killer MVPs and stories that wow customers.
- Perform market research and analysis to estimate the TAM of the Edge Computing services within Telefonica’s footprint. Facilitate and leverage market research to better understand user pain points, competitive landscape, and trends to support definition and prioritization of features and products. Blend quantitative and qualitative data to inform product, GTM, business cases and roadmap decisions, using your product sense and customer empathy.
-Identify, manage and engage stakeholders. Working closely with the Operating Businesses, Global Corporate Areas, and the wider Innovation Organization to understand their needs and business challenges regarding Edge Computing, and help channel and address them.
- Partner with Tech teams, UX and the Operating Businesses’ to develop a narrative for Edge Computing Use Cases’ Value Propositions and Customer Experience, and a comprehensive strategy for bringing these solutions to market. Ensure that the Edge Computing Use Case trials are successfully delivered within the established deadlines and agreed upon quality standards.
- Build business models and negotiate with partners and stakeholders to define PoCs and commercial plans. Partner with Business Areas to create pricing, GTM, and customer incentives that make it easy for OB’s to test/sell our Edge Computing products and easy for customers to enroll/purchase.
- Enable Operating Businesses’ marketing and tech teams to ensure that they are able to identify Edge Computing opportunities, position our solution, and drive customer acquisition. Including the creation of compelling and useful enablement assets such Blueprints, FAQs, training material, videos, etc.
- Own the use cases’ product roadmap working collaborativelly with the PMO’s, tech teams and Business stakeholders incorporating feedback into the product definition process, ensuring successful communication & implementation, tracking of deliverables, scope definition, verification and change control.
-Define targets and measures for Use Cases’ product development; provide timely executive reporting, commentary and analysis producing clear, concise and accurately synthesized information; prepare recommendations and eliminate surprises.
-Maximize tech team’s productivity: define purpose, and provide clear priorization and documentation of requests, so that they enable focus and action. Own tracking of actions and approriate follow up; ensure best use of team’s time.
You have a strong technical background and hands on experience with Product Management and Agile methodologies.
Engineering degree desirable
You have a track record of strong leadership, business judgment and delivery. You are a go-getter: you take calculated risks and you DELIVER in an accountable way. You are able to lead even without formal authority.
You are known for being empathetic. As a strong team player, you have a proven ability to work cooperatively with various cross functional teams, and with all levels of seniority. You are self-motivated and adaptable.
Be comfortable and able to understand how business translates into technology and vice versa. You will be will be involved in both business and technology discussions.
You are a ninja. Your operational savviness is off-the-charts and you are masterfully able to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously, and within a constantly changing environment; keeping focus on execution and delivering results consistently.
You’re are diplomatic. You address conflict head-on with one focus in mind: help Telefónica be the first telco to bring Edge Computing initiatives to market, and you are mindful of others when managing agendas and egos.
You are logical and methodical, paying attention to detail but without losing the big picture. You have excellent problem solving abilities in the face of ambiguity.
Extensive knowledge of Telco Industry and Tech Ecosystem, have a holistic view of the internet value chain and the telco role throughout each of the chain elements & ability to understand, discuss and sell Technology- particularly Edge Computing.
Understanding of the technical architecture of complex computing applications, mobile and/or media products.
Knowledge and understanding of user-centric design and design thinking methodologies.
Demonstrable experience with Agile methodologies [Jira and Digital document management systems (sharepoint)]. Desirable: Product Manager/ Product Owner.
You have a track record of owning successful, metrics-driven development plans. You must be able to work with and influence different teams across organizations to work toward a common development goal.
Demonstrable experience working in Product Management and with cross functional teams, with solid understanding and experience in product vision and roadmaps, PRDs, and shipping high-visibility and complex products on time.
Demonstrated track record in balancing out product priorities against budget and timelines, and ability to work in a highly collaborative environment with heavy emphasis on teamwork
You are fluent in Spanish and English (written and conversational). Portuguese desirable
If you join Telefónica
You join almost 100 years of history, you join a team of 106 nationalities present in more tan 35 countries. You join a team that works to connect people wherever they are. We are leading the digital revolution with the enthusiasm of the first day in all our businesses, creating the best digital ecosystem for our clients: network, IoT, cloud, security, innovation etc. Here, at Telefónica you count with everything you need to be the best you. We need people like you that wants to take this challenge of creating the Telefónica of tomorrow.
Our diversity makes us stronger and more competitive. There is a place for everyone, just the way we are. At Telefónica we have more than 125,000 people of 106 different nationalities, enrich yourself of this great opportunity.