about 1 month ago
Product Manager - Platform
Product Manager - Platform
The Dennis Digital Product team has responsibility for delivery of best in class product across our wide portfolio of digital properties. The Product team at Dennis are proud to have been named the AOP Product Development Team of the Year in 2019. You'll be joining the team at an exciting time as we continue the redevelopment of our core platform. You will have the chance to shape the strategy and design a roadmap which will ensure that the platform supports the ambitious plans at Dennis Publishing.
What you’ll do:
* Always focus on the user.. Working closely with the UX team you will ensure a high standard of UX is maintained across the platform - both for our end users and for our internal Editorial teams.
* Define and own the product vision and strategy for the platform and realise them through your product roadmap
* Manage a backlog of work specifically targeted at hitting agreed KPI’s and OKR’s
* Ensure that we have a consistent and cohesive approach to feature development across the platform, ensuring that the platform brings together the bespoke needs of the business pillars in to a well managed, well defined and considered set of features - looking for commonality wherever possible.
* Use a data-driven approach to identify opportunities and frame the problems to be solved. Use data to measure the success of work that has been carried out - optimising where it makes sense
* Use your excellent communication skills to ensure stakeholders and the wider business understand the vision and strategy and the impact it is having on our business goals
* Prioritise and maximise business value from all product developments by understanding user behaviour and identifying areas for optimisation.
* Work effectively with various business units to deliver to an agreed product roadmap including business pillars, editorial, management and engineering
* Create epics & user stories to deliver the product vision
* Create robust business cases which lay out clear, measurable benefits in line with Dennis’ strategic objectives and brand ambitions.
* Maintain up-to-date working knowledge of technology/online solutions and developments in the UK and globally
What we’re looking for
* Experience in the publishing/media space is essential
* A strong aptitude for technology and how a feature could be implemented and use that knowledge to help prioritise features.
* Become the point person across the business for our platform activity and within the industry.
* Articulate and clear communicator, both written and spoken, with the ability to translate complex problems and solutions. Whilst you won't be writing code you will be confident in discussing technical implementation with developers
* Ideally, degree qualified
* Formal qualification in Product Management, Marketing or other business or technology related discipline is highly advantageous.
* Track record of delivery in a fast-paced, demanding environment using agile methodologies.
* Experience of user interface & workflow design for business systems.
* Experience of application & system integration working with external partners.
* Ability to work well in a cross-functional environment with multiple stakeholders
* Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet variable deadlines
* Ability to work autonomously and define own workload
At Dennis, we’re dedicated to creating brands that people want to work with, and a culture that people want to work in. We’re unique, and so are you. You’ll enjoy a host of benefits and perks when you join us, on top of a satisfying salary. And that’s not all:
* We’re award winning. You will be working across award-winning brands and in award-winning teams and joining a culture where innovation and success are encouraged.
* Our Commitment. We’re very proud to support The Heart of England Forest; an exciting and ambitious charity aiming to plant and preserve the largest native broadleaf forest in England. Founded by our late chairman, Felix Dennis, every employee gets the chance to plant a tree in their name so you can feel part of their vision.
* We’re always thinking of you. You’ll have access to plenty of great benefits such as 28 days holiday, a contributory pension scheme and discounted gym membership.
* We recognise hard work. Have you always dreamed of taking time out of work to travel the world? You’ll be given the opportunity to take a 6 week paid sabbatical after five years service. And if you’re lucky enough to win our Employee of the Year Award you’ll be sent on a holiday of a lifetime to a destination that certainly has the ‘wow’ factor.
* We know how to have fun. Whether it’s swatting up for one of our pub quizzes, creating a costume for our famous fancy dress parties or taking part in a fitness challenge as part of our annual charity day - we can guarantee you will share the enjoyment of life at Dennis.