2 months ago
Product Manager, Weddings (12 month Fixed Term Contract)
Overall Job Purpose
We are looking for a Product Manager to work on a fixed-term contract covering maternity. The Product Manager will work with the Product Lead and other Hitched leaders, to understand our market strategy, create a plan and set a roadmap to deliver one of the work streams in the redevelopment of our tech platform.
The role will require the Product Manager to:
* Work with a tech team to support existing features and develop new platform functionality
* Work within the agile framework to deliver iterations and updates each sprint
* Own the product backlog including creation, prioritisation and management of issues and epics through JIRA
* Liaise with the Editorial, Sales, Marketing and Leadership to ensure the backlog is a reflection of business objectives and to communicate timelines and progress
* Work with the wider product & development team to improve our products and processes
* Monitor success of features with digital KPIs
* Analyse multiple streams of data and share learning with wider team
Hitched provides an end-to-end digital wedding planning service including inspiration, tools and a wedding vendor marketplace that couples use to arrange their perfect wedding. The most popular wedding website in the UK, Hitched attracted nearly 1.6m unique users in August and continues to grow rapidly on social platforms too where the brand has more than 340k followers.
Here's Lindsey talking about Product:
The Product Manager be responsible for ensuring that there is a full, prioritised backlog of work that matches the objectives of their work stream. The job holder will create and update JIRA tickets and work with the tech team to develop at pace.
Getting quickly up to speed with Hitched’s bepoke .Net-based marketplace platform and wedding planning tools will be critical as well as working with our team of experts to understand and champion the needs of consumers and service providers in the wedding market.
Knowledge, Experience & Competencies
* Product management experience of a digital product or platform
* Familiarity with Agile working practices
* Highly organised with strong written and verbal communication skills
* Experience of creating great customer experiences for both internal and external customers
* Strong understanding of the technical development process to deliver digital initiatives
* Adaptability to alter working practices to ensure optimal productivity from the development team
* Ability to manage a complex roadmap and work with senior stakeholders
* Ability to iterate, execute and pivot at pace
* Possesses a collegiate and collaborative approach and a ‘go-getting’ attitude
* Ability to build rapport easily