7 months ago
Whether you're on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (AdWords, AdSense, DoubleClick, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product's journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a loyal consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you'll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
The UKI Large Advertiser and Agency Marketing (LAAM) team is looking for a passionate and proven marketer to lead Performance Ads marketing to our largest advertisers and agencies in UKI. You will be responsible for shaping Google’s marketing to these customers, and manage and execute the marketing plan for our Performance Ads suite (particularly across Mobile - web and apps).
The role is cross-product, cross-functional and you’ll work closely with regional Marketing and the UKI sales teams. You'll report to the Head of Large Customer Marketing.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
* Define, own and execute the UK marketing strategy for Google Ads.
* Develop a clear understanding of the market issues and our customers’ business needs and wants.
* Use customer insights develop a strategy as to how Google can be their partner for growth (be it via Search, Double Click, Cloud etc). Track and analyze the effectiveness of marketing programs and incorporate key learnings.
* Work with our agency partners to develop a creative strategy and platform for storytelling the Google proposition. Reach clients through thought leadership content, events, and external communications.
* Develop industry thought-leadership and best practice materials to drive perception change/advance product adoption (includes working with market insights teams, PR, agencies and third-parties, to develop/deliver case studies and consumer insights). Partner with cross-functional teams both globally and locally to ensure successful execution.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience implementing and managing marketing strategy for a B2B audience, or as a client marketer.
* Experience with Google ad products and the wider digital media landscape in the UK (experience with UK advertising ecosystem).
* Demonstrated leadership, teamwork and interpersonal skills.
* Proven ability to deliver high performing marketing programs.
* Highly organized and self-motivated with strong strategic and problem-solving capabilities.
* Strong understanding of performance/direct response objectives.
* A proven storyteller, with excellent written and oral communication, including presentation ability.