6 months ago
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
American Express’ Referral Programme taps into the passion that our Cardmembers have for the brand and turns it into an acquisition opportunity. Through the programme, consumers and small businesses can recommend their friends, family and colleagues – It engages our Cardmembers, allowing them to unlock true value for their friends with unique enriched offers, while earning rewards for themselves.
At the heart of our referral programme, is a personalised referral link, which is unique to each Cardmember. It is integrated into the Refer a Friend microsite, the American Express Mobile App and other Customer touchpoints, enabling Cardmembers to share the referral link seamlessly through a variety of options. Referral Marketing is the fastest growing card acquisition channel for American Express globally and will continue the growth trajectory in 2018, given the strong underlying economics, relative under-penetration of the Cardmember base and significant appetite for investment.
This position will report into the Director, Referral Marketing and would lead the evolution of the Customer and Prospect facing web experiences.
The successful candidate would lead an engineering team key to bringing new features and experiences to life in these digital journeys – defining requirements (user stories) and working closely with the Referral Marketing in-house UX team on designs. In addition there is a strong focus on experimentation and optimisation of the sites and their user experiences and so a strong partnership with teams that lead experimentation efforts (Customer Experience Optimisation and Analytics) is required in order to iterate designs, UI and functionality – with an ultimate goal of driving engagement and conversion, and ultimately evolve the product.
The candidate would own the overall product delivery roadmap for these channels, and would need to ensure that innovative ideas can be smoothly converted into tangible delivery, the success of which can be evaluated through clear KPIs.
In addition, the candidate will be responsible for the ongoing maintenance and ownership of the product, and also partner with markets on enhancements or changes to existing features/functionality, such as content updates or issue remediation.
* Lead the Platform Excellence team – responsible for the design and build of the Referral customer and prospect facing experiences.
* Lead envisioning of new features and use cases which would lay the platform for programme evolution.
* Partner with Technology teams in an agile environment to translate business objectives and ensure product delivery per roadmap
* Partner with key stakeholders across 15 Global markets to deliver capabilities and ongoing support for the channel
* Define and develop user stories to support new product capabilities and attend agile planning ceremonies.
* Partner with Customer Experience Optimization and Analytics to set-up tests, end-to-end tracking and reporting
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
* Experienced Product Owner, well versed with user story creation, backlog grooming, sprint planning etc.
* Experience in defining the UX/ UI for digital experiences. Passion for design and UX is highly valued.
* Experience of collaborating with Technology partners, working as a core member of an Agile team and strong knowledge of Agile tools and methodologies
* Strong technical experience in developing both back-end and front-end capabilities
* Superior relationship building and management skills, strong experience in influencing without authority with key internal and external stakeholders and partners at a local and international level
* Highly collaborative, values strong team dynamics and is proactive in supporting market partners
* Exceptional problem solving skills to find solutions to challenges or barriers in ambiguous environments.
* And understanding of ‘test and learn’ experimentation and the ability to use customer data insights to develop hypotheses to drive iterative feature design and behaviour is beneficial, as is experience with Rapid Usability Testing.
* Proven track record of driving results within digital space; takes personal accountability for achieving individual and shared acquisition goals
* Exceptional analytical skills and ability to interpret various data to drive strategy and innovation
* Strong knowledge of, and/or experience in developing and managing referral programs a plus
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team.on email@example.com orfree phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 4, 2018, 6:46:53 AM