6 months ago
Product Specialist - Pricing Analyst/Trading Delivery London
Multiple hires: 12 Month FTC
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
We’re looking for a number of Product Specialists to join our Trading delivery team to work on a number of new and exciting projects. The team is set up to deliver at pace a huge amount of propositions and price points every week through the trading sprint process.
Initially you will be focusing on a specific product area, supporting the rest of the trading delivery team in maintaining SLA’s with all impacted stakeholders. Longer term you will work across a number of different products and be responsible for product audits as well as making continuous improvements to the current process and team ways of working.
BT Consumer operates in a very dynamic quad play market where in order to succeed we need to be first to market with winning propositions, respond rapidly to changing circumstances and take a personalised approach to managing our customers. The trading delivery forms a core part of this strategy as we launch new and compelling offers to customers, manage yearly price changes and react to market pressures on a daily and weekly basis.
What you'll be doing
* Defining and documenting product requirements using the trading.com tool
* Working with propositions and marketing teams to build out delivery plans to underpin quarterly roadmaps
* Delivery of weekly trading sprints payload
* Owning defect management within a product area or all products (Broadband, TV, Sport & Mobile).
* Building out delivery and fix plans with Technology teams and seeing all issues through to resolution
* Maintaining a backlog per product area aligned to highest commercial priority
* Leading on billing issues management and recovery where appropriate
We'll also need to see these on your CV
* Strong track record in product management or product development
* Strong understanding of systems architectures, product models, pricing structures, fraud and credit policies
* In depth understanding of the systems, networks, supply chain and supplier management required to effectively operate in Telco industry
* Able to boil down complex concepts and analysis into simple messages for relevant audiences
* Attention to detail around product requirements and execution, based on a strong understanding of sales and service channels , systems and mobile product models
* Strong stakeholder management skills at a very senior level across multiple disciplines
Must be prepared to travel nationally and internationally at key times for periods at a time
Why choose us?
We have around 1.2 million customers and serve over half the FTSE 350. Our customers range from big household names, government departments and public service organisations right through to small businesses and new start-ups. We cover both the communications and IT services markets. Overall we’re focused on four main product markets: Fixed Voice; Mobility; Fibre and connectivity; networked IT services provided over the biggest UK network in both fixed and mobile communications. We also provide network IT services to corporate and public sector organisations in the Republic of Ireland.
Our Wholesale business helps communications providers (CPs) and other organisations provide fixed or mobile phone services. Our ventures provide mass-market services like directory enquiries and payphones, and enterprise services including Fleet Solutions and BT Redcare. We also offer specialist enterprise services to our Internet of Things customers.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.