7 months ago
Dennis is looking for a Production Assistant on an initial 12 month fixed term contract. Your role is to ensure the print brands and digital file traffic you are responsible for are produced and sent on time working to agreed schedules and to the correct specifications.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a friendly, flourishing business and get a strong insight into the fast-paced media industry.
You'll manage others' time, as well as your own, chasing all advertising material from sales and clients to ensure deadlines are met. Always professional, courteous and accountable, you'll keep a complete record of client liaising.
Amongst other external responsibilities, you'll ensure all material is checked to the correct specification, updated carefully when necessary, and sent to the printers on time with accurate and exact instructions.
Internally, you'll work with the advertising sales and editorial teams to make sure your flatplan is on point. You'll maintain the highest production standards and as the technical resource for production queries from your sales team you will develop a brilliant understanding of the complete production process, including all aspects of the digital workflow.
You're a natural problem solver with exemplary organisational and communication skills. You'll be confident liaising with colleagues, clients and external suppliers. Time management and prioritisation will come naturally to you, and you'll always be calm under pressure.
You'll be used to a deadline driven working environment with a razor-sharp attention to detail. Most importantly, you need to be lively and personable, with a real 'can do' attitude with a keen interest in the media and publishing industry.
* We’re award winning. You will be working across award-winning brands and in award-winning teams and joining a culture where innovation and success are encouraged.
* Our Commitment. We’re very proud to work for the benefit of The Heart of England Forest; an exciting and ambitious charity aiming to plant and preserve the largest native broadleaf forest in England. Founded by our late chairman, Felix Dennis, every employee gets the chance to plant a tree in their name so you can feel part of our vision.
* We’re always thinking of you. You’ll have access to plenty of great benefits such as 28 days holiday, a contributory pension scheme and discounted gym membership.
* We recognise hard work. Have you always dreamed of taking time out of work to travel the world? You’ll be given the opportunity to take a 6 week paid sabbatical after five years service. And if you’re lucky enough to win our Employee of the Year Award you’ll be sent on a holiday of a lifetime, selecting from one of our handpicked travel experiences to a variety of destinations that will certainly have the 'wow' factor.
* We know how to have fun. Whether it’s swatting up for one of our pub quizzes, creating a costume for our famous fancy dress parties or taking part in a fitness challenge as part of our annual charity day - we can guarantee you will share the enjoyment of life at Dennis.
Dennis does not discriminate. We’re just interested in your skills, your talent and your potential.
So if you feel like this role is for you, please press apply now.