4 months ago
Britvic is the name behind iconic and market-leading brands such as Robinsons, Pepsi, Fruit Shoot, Tango, Squash’d, J2O, R.Whites, Gatorade, 7UP and Lipton – and we are on a journey to become the most dynamic, creative and trusted soft drinks company in the world. To get there we need to be continually sharpening our competitive edge, maximising value through creative, effective, strategic, passionate and professional Operational teams.
Progress your career:
Britvic is a very exciting and supportive place to be, with award winning brands, a clear vision, personal development and an open and honest culture. We offer a comprehensive package for this position - including a highly competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, enhanced company pension contributions, share save schemes, annual pay reviews, healthcare, vouchers and a whole host of flexible benefits.
About the Role:
* To lead and deliver the site plans for plant, people and processes, within the context of the overall Manufacturing strategy and aligning the delivery requirements of the GB&I operations.
* To manage the shift team to deliver all key components of the site KPI scorecard
* To control shift resource through direct reports in line with budget headcount
* Overall responsibility and accountability for the shift operation and includes full ownership of departmental metrics and overall plan delivery.
* Contribute to the development of the factory strategy to support achievement of the company 20/20 vision.
* Develop and manage area budget with full responsibility for the budget adherence.
* Ensure control of manpower to enable the production plan KPI’s are met.
* Define and deliver a culture of Operational excellence.
* Drive zero loss manufacturing principles consistently across site
* Effectively lead area/site communications (GPTW, Team talks, Team briefs)
* Ensure consistent quality standards by applying approved manufacturing and quality procedures.
* Work closely with other Britvic functions and contractors to ensure effective introduction of new products and processes.
* Coach the Engineering team and operation shift teams in the Root Cause analysis methodology to deliver the true 100-year fix.
* Accountable for safety across the site shift operation, providing appropriate guidance, leadership, accountability and empowerment to your team to create a culture of Safety.
* Effective implementation of quality plans, standard operating procedures to deliver right first time and consumer complaint reduction
* Ownership of area planned / preventative maintenance regime in line with site maintenance managers
* Create the training and development plan, to build your people’s capability and enable a flexible cost-effective working model across the team including full power of 3 capability
* Manage effective employee relations and Union relationships where required
* Drive GPTW across the team and support this across the site
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
* Proven operational experience in a FMCG environment or similar high volume automated environment is desirable
* Strong people leadership skills and ability to integrate differing functional demands is essential
* Proven people management skills with ability to flex styles to differing individual needs is essential
* Sound knowledge of manufacturing and HSE process and legislation is desirable
* Computer skills required, SAP essential
* Effective communication skills with the ability to communicate to all levels of the organisation
* Experience of managing significant budgets and material value throughput is highly desirable
* Strong Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles
* Working knowledge of people development, management and employment legislation
* Experience of capital investment project delivery
* Open and authentic in their interactions with your team, matching actions and words, building trust and support with others (Be Open)
* Works collaboratively with immediate and extended teams, building common agendas, aligned objectives and delivery plans (Win Together)
* Demonstrates clear ownership, ambition and pride in the contribution and performance of their teams (Be Proud)
* Creates a clear, stretching target for their team and motivates employees to contribute their best to its achievement (Be Bold)
* Relevant Level 5 Diploma EG - Line Management, Science, Engineering, Manufacturing principles.
* IOSH, NEBOSH, IEMA, HACCP. (Or similar would be an advantage)
We’re committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and employees – in fact this is at the heart of our company culture and values, and we welcome applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds.