3 months ago
The Economist Events—the award-winning events and conferences division of The Economist Group—seeks a Senior Programme Editor to develop the format and content of a portfolio of events across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Africa. The Economist Events brings The Economist to life via audience-led events; this role is responsible for delivering on that promise.
How will you contribute:
* Develop event themes, programmes and speaker lists for a broad range of events across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Africa, to agreed timelines and milestones
* Secure the participation of high-level speakers from industry, policy, NGOs, academia and civil society, leading editorial meetings and advisory boards to enable the effective delivery of event programmes
* Work with editorial to ensure that programme themes and topics meet the standards of The Economist brand; Secure participation of editorial staff
* Copywriting in a range of formats – event programmes, summary papers, blogs, articles
* Work with the Marketing team to define target audiences and create communications materials that will drive registrations
* Work with the Sponsorship team to identify sponsors, assisting with sales meetings and pitches as required
* Implement digital formats (webinars, live streaming, video) to support our events
* Research and present ideas for new events and formats
* Be an active member of event project teams: work as a team to deliver high-quality events from concept to delivery to evaluation
Experience, skills and professional attributes
The ideal skills for this role are:
* Experience of managing and delivering a portfolio of events internationally
* Proven organization, planning and project management skills with the ability to prioritise, multitask and meet strict deadlines
* Outstanding written and spoken English. Experience in journalism, policy research and/or copywriting would be an advantage (as would fluency in a second language such as Spanish or Arabic)
* A keen understanding of The Economist’s editorial position and standards; the experience and maturity to balance editorial, commercial and brand considerations
* Strong commercial acumen, professionalism and presentation skills; experience supporting sales and marketing to deliver ambitious targets
* Experience managing, coaching and developing junior staff
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
If this role matches your skills, experience and motivations then please submit your CV with a covering note identifying why you feel you would be a great addition to the team along with your salary expectations.
In return, we provide a supportive and progressive environment with a wide range of opportunities for you to grow both personally and professionally.
The Economist Group values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Software Powered by iCIMS