11 days ago
Project Assistant, L&R COO – 12 Month FTC – London
Project Assistant, L&R COO – 12 Month FTC – London
Making banking easier for all of our customers
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Assistant to join our Legal & Regulatory COO team based in Triton Square, London on a 12 Month FTC basis.
We’re looking for a problem solver who is comfortable working in a fast paced environment, is detail focused and works on their own initiative. In return, you’ll get to experience a wide variety of disciplines and stakeholders, building your own experience.
Project work will be varied and could include, but is not limited to, small technology change projects, process improvement and simplification, risk management improvement or internal customer engagement.
Other general activities will include risk reporting and data analytics, information and data governance, managing communications channels, supporting with third party supplier engagement, business continuity planning, coordinating team tasks, preparing presentations and dealing with internal and external stakeholders.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Project Assistant your main responsibilities will be to
* Support the team with a variety of project work and lead on certain smaller projects.
* Contribute fully to the ongoing success of the team through effective team working, seeking efficiencies and working smarter.
* Provide support to other team members (where in capacity) when priorities change or at times of peak workload.
* Work proactively to identify the cause of failure and identify solutions to resolve issues.
* Provide effective, pragmatic and commercial solutions to facilitate the efficient functioning of the COO team.
* Identify, assess, manage and report risk issues as well as understanding and address root causes of business problems in order to reduce risk from such issues, drawing appropriate learnings to prevent their recurrence
Minimum skills and experience required
* Numerate with excellent competency in Excel and PowerPoint, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Problem solving.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* Strong commercial, pragmatic and enthusiastic approach in undertaking tasks.
* Excellent time management skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills - persuades and influences others to achieve own deliverables and the ability to build collaborative relationships across the function and relevant business areas.
* Able to plan and organise own time within objectives and to know how work relates to others.
Salary is Competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
* Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station. It’s one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR. With an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple, personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.