3 months ago
In a world where information is plentiful but often unhelpful, where customers’ expectations are evolving quickly and where new trends and opportunities take flight at break neck speed, how do you ensure you’re not lagging behind?
Since 1999, Econsultancy has been distilling and demystifying digital marketing information, turning it into useful, independent insight with practical applications. Like our best practice guides, that show you exactly how to execute your digital marketing plans, or our trends reports that highlight the issues you must know about.
Our customers come to us to build their knowledge and teams’ capabilities, validate their decisions, stay up to date and benchmark their activity. They know they can trust us to provide independent advice. Without mincing our words.
Purpose of Role
Reporting to the Head of Project Management, the Project Manager for the Capability & Consultancy team is responsible for the on spec, on strategy, on time and on budget delivery of Econsultancy’s training and consulting projects.
Highly organised, creative, customer focused and commercially driven, this post holder is responsible for the effective delivery of large scale consultancy and training projects. The success of their projects helps drive customer satisfaction leading to cross-sells by the business development team.
The Project Manager is empowered to work closely with the sales and new business team to provide advice on project approaches to creatively and effectively meet client needs and expectations on a case by case basis.
Key Accountabilities for the Successful Project Manager:
Training and consultancy projects
* Independently manage large scale consultancy and training projects ensuring they are delivered on time and to budget
* A keen eye for detail, ensure all project materials are rigorously proofed and closely meet client needs
* Responsible for operational excellence and implementation of defined project processes to ensure efficient scoping and delivery of projects with first class customer experience
* Responsible for building strong relationships with clients during project delivery and actively capturing and pursuing cross sell and up sell opportunities with the relevant business development manager
* Keep everyone (Econsultancy and external consultants) updated on all projects and client developments
* Support business development managers to define project scope, time-scales, costs and work with the Head of Project Management to assign and brief the relevant third party consultant for training and consultancy projects
* Responsible for knowledge sharing of key project learnings to the project management team, to ensure an iterative cycle of project improvements based on previous experience
* Responsible for protecting, where possible, the scheduled revenue as forecast and communicating clearly to the business if there is movement
* Responsible for ensuring delivery admin (e.g.: invoicing, Salesforce etc) are kept up-to-date for individual projects
* Provides support where necessary for team data analysis (e.g. quarterly financial analysis)
Key Skills & Knowledge:
* Great time management and attention to detail
* Efficient multitasker able to work on multiple projects at the same time
* Friendly and professional communicator
* Commercially minded
* Advanced in Microsoft office skills (PowerPoint, word and excel)
* Numeracy and proficiency in project finances
* Instinctive and natural interest in digital, eCommerce and marketing
* Experience in project management, either client or agency-side
* Entrepreneurial flair and passion that enables a positive and determined approach to projects
* Self-motivated and capable of hands-on problem-solving, with ability to generate ideas and solutions and ensure exceptional culture of client service
* Confident, articulate and a proactive thinker
* Strong communication & presentation skills (verbal, digital & visual)
* Proven team player, not afraid to get stuck in and get your hands dirty
* Positive attitude to dealing with people
* Excellent organisational and time management skills
* Examples of relevant practical experience over two to three years within project management
* Examples of success working in a dynamic and fast-moving environment
* Degree level education or epic life experience
What we can offer you:
* We’re looking for people who are smart, creative and nice. Individuals who are savvy enough to work with the best; creative enough to always be innovating & thinking of new solution; and nice enough to always be a really helpful person.
* We are the home of modern marketing, we define best practice and then we make it happen. In fact 600,000 marketing, digital and eCommerce professionals trust us every month to make their lives easier, and we all love that.
* We work with some of the world’s coolest brands including Mars, Unilever, Dyson, Samsung, Kellogg’s, General Mills and more. We respect our role, and we work hard every day to improve the lives and plans of our clients.
* We’re at the heart of Xeim, the home of excellence in marketing. We work closely with our partners Marketing Week, Creative Review, Influencer Intelligence, Oystercatchers and the Festival of Marketing to deliver solutions for 1.5m marketers every month.