3 months ago
Project Manager - 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
* Project Manager - 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
* Saga Travel & Holidays Ltd
* 22/05/2018 22:59
Job Description Summary
Within our travel and cruise businesses we believe that if you are going to do it, do it properly. That is why we offer opportunities that match our ethos and careers that are full of possibilities.
This role is an important part of the Business Transformation and Change team who strive to facilitate, to help and support the travel function of the business.
Project Darwin is the transformational project across the Tour Operating Division involving Saga Holidays, Titan Travel and Saga Cruises – the project will run across all businesses. Project Darwin will see us creating a technical landscape that’s fit for the future and fundamentally transforming the way we work. The project will be an involving and collaborative project that will include working with people from across all areas of Titan, Saga Holidays and Saga Cruises – a great opportunity to build you profile and develop within the business.
The purpose of this team is to provide project management and operational support to the business. This may take the form of co-ordinating the implementation of new/changed product and systems offerings or project managing strategic change to any part of the business along with undertaking process reviews and re-engineering.
The jobholder should possess excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, they should also be able to lead and/or contribute to all aspects of project and change management and drive deliveries of the highest standard in line with the Tour Operating Division business processes. The key strategic nature of many of the projects and changes that are managed through the team will also provide the opportunity to work with a variety of different people and teams and will regularly involve interaction with senior management.
This role will be focussed in managing change in IT projects, for example the Digital & Integration workstream.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
Whilst the role is based in Folkestone, there will be frequent journeys to Redhill to work at the Titan Travel offices.
If you are an internal candidate, please agree this secondment with you line manager prior to applying.
Please note, this is a 6 month fixed term contract.
• To provide project management support to implement projects raised through the Darwin programme.
• To track the progress of Change Requests through the development and testing process.
• To support the implementation of strategic Saga and Titan business developments.
• Co-ordinate and drive implementation and development of new and existing technologies within different areas of the business.
• Ensure project risks and actions are identified and monitored in the project risk and action logs in line with business risk management processes.
• Ensure that projects comply with corporate governance.
• Challenge projects and project team members to ensure customers interests and brand values are central.
• To complete Post Implementation Reviews of projects as required and feed recommendations for process improvements back into the Change Management programme.
• Carry out other duties in a professional manner as required that fall within the skills and experience of role holder.
• To identify and manage the impact of business changes.
• To take a pro-active role in identifying improvements and changes that would benefit the team and the business.
• To provide support and resolve day-to-day issues.
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
• Project management knowledge
• Understanding of Agile methodology
• Varied internal business knowledge
Education and Qualifications:
• Degree or relevant alternative, would consider relevant project management/business knowledge for non-degree candidates.
• Dynamic and forward thinking
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Analytical approach to tasks, research and projects
• Creative thinker
• Genuine commitment to getting it right, first time
• Demonstrates the Saga & Titan Brand values
• Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and listening
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Enthusiastic about change but sensitive to the effect of change on people and the business.
• Excellent time management skills to enable successful delivery within pre-set deadlines and to the required standard
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft office applications
• Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
• Able to lead teams and chair project meetings
There will be project work to complete, which should be done in a professional manner.
The duties listed are not exhaustive. Additional hours of work may be required, as determined by the needs of the business. Managers and staff may be required to undertake additional duties, responsibilities and projects as appropriate.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.