6 months ago
Project Manager - OMNI Channel Servicing Enablement
Brighton, United Kingdom
Make an impact on our business and the business world.
The Network Engineering and Optimization (NEO) team leads projects that transform the customer experience by improving and reengineering Global Servicing Network Division. We work with colleagues throughout Global Servicing Network; as well as partners in Marketing, Risk, Compliance & Technologies to ensure we deliver on aggressive Network Transformation targets to improve shareholder and Customer Experience outcomes.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join the NEO to initially lead a set of work streams within a large transformational initiative, driving new and exciting omnichannel experiences and journeys for our customers.
The successful candidate will be experienced in implementing personalised customer engagement across voice and digital channels, as well as managing stakeholders through the full project lifecycle leveraging superior relationship building and thought leadership skills. Reporting to Director NEO and leading a small team of Project Analysts, the successful candidate will:
* Be accountable for owning and implementing globally aligned business process improvements to enhance efficiencies, quality and customer experience in support of our card members
* Deliver internal efficiency opportunities, primarily through process improvement but also with a view to defect and bad demand elimination, efficient demand management and first contact resolution
* Be responsible for creating new ideas and opportunities to drive positive reengineering and customer experience outcomes, to form part of their own or the wider teams’ project pipeline
* Be responsible for the delivery of a portfolio of projects or work streams within a larger program, in support of organisational objectives, through personal project leadership as well as support and oversight of local Project analyst(s)
* Coach a small team who will be working with this individual, directly
* Apply standardized process improvement on every initiative, leveraging techniques and project methodologies such as Six Sigma, LEAN, Prince2 and Agile
* Develop and maintain strong working relationships with Business Partners and with other key stakeholders (Finance, Technologies, and other central teams) - influence others in developing new ideas and concepts
* Manage relationships and expectations with process owners, local managers and key business contacts.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
* Experience working with internal and external stakeholders to implement and /or optimise new capabilities for operational servicing teams.
* Experience of inbound and / or outbound call centre operations and experience driving transformational change in these environments.
* Work experience required in a project management, engineering and/or process improvement role.
* Demonstrated thought leadership in a previous role, including the ability to inspire creative thinking in others and experience coaching others in analytical and conceptual thinking.
* Requires strong project management, thought leadership, decision-making skills and the ability to resolve complex problems independently.
* Able to manage relationships and expectations with key business stakeholders
* Have excellent written/ oral communication skills with the ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast paced environment
* Experience in the evaluation, analysis and optimization of operational processes and ability to turn raw data into valuable business insights.
* Ability to clearly define tasks and projects to improve business metrics across all key constituencies (shareholder, customer, and employee).
* Strong relationship-building and exceptional verbal and written skills.
* Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically MS Project, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
* Experience successfully coaching a team, directly or indirectly in delivering project objectives.
* Professional qualifications in project management and / or process improvement such as Prince2, Agile, Six Sigma and LEAN preferred.
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com orfor Russia based candidates).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time