Promotions and marketing officer
An exciting opportunity to join the team at The Beacon. We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic promotions officer to provide effective marketing and promotion of our community facility based in Wantage. The Beacon is a vibrant gathering place for the local community (named after the historic beacons along the town’s ancient Ridgeway) we offer a varied programme of live events from cinema, music, theatre and comedy to a regular activity timetable of classes and workshops, mother and toddler groups and children’s parties. The facility also boasts a friendly coffee shop and fully licensed bar.
Position: Promotions Officer
Location: The Beacon, Wantage, Oxfordshire
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £21,154 per year
Benefits: A basic 24 days annual leave per annum, rising to 28 days after five years. You also have all the bank holidays to look forward to and time off between Christmas and New Year. Flexible working and annualised hours; pension scheme; childcare voucher scheme; free parking.
- 3 GCSEs including Maths and English at Grades A – C or equivalent
- Experience working in marketing, promotions or communications
- A keen eye for detail
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft word, excel, power point, email, use of internet, social media and use of electronic booking systems
- Experience of managing and coordinating events and activities
- Work flexible shifts including evenings and weekends
The closing date is Thursday 21 June 2018, interviews will take place on Tuesday 3 July 2018.