5 months ago
Property Sales and Loss Recovery Officer
Leeds Building Society is looking for a Property Sales and Loss Recovery Officer to join our Mortgage Services department. You will be based at our City Exchange Office in the heart of Leeds city centre.
About the role
The main purpose is to ensure our partners take possession of properties in a smooth manner, then selling for the best price, using the most effective method, to ensure the best price is obtained within the most reasonable timescale. Officers will escalate their cases in line with policies and procedures
Working with our customers to ensure they kept up to date with progress of their account to redemption and subsequent recovery of any shortfall. Approach is paramount, whilst having the ability to meet the demands of a high performance organisation in a heavily regulated environment.
In this rewarding role you will need to be able to process information accurately, be used to working with the public, using your initiative and be a good problem solver whilst having extensive life skills and responsible attitude
Do you have the essential skills and experience for this role?
• Telephone and customer contact experience
• Experience of working in an environment where the requirement to follow due process and procedure is paramount.
• Ideally experience of working in an highly regulated environment
• Dealing with complex queries
• Understanding of the external regulators policies governing the activity of dealing with customer's mortgages and sales of properties.
• Educated to GCSE level and / or completion of vocational or other college course or equivalent relevant experience
• Leadership skills to assist and develop colleagues
Have you seen our benefits and rewards package?
• Competitive annual salary pro rata
• 23 days annual holiday pro rata
• Health Shield cash plan
• Life Assurance
• Pension scheme
• Exclusive colleague mortgage deals
• Annual volunteering day & long service awards
• Childcare voucher scheme
• Recommend a friend scheme
• Bus & train travel ticket loans & a Cycle Flex Scheme
Are you looking for a rewarding career? We see all colleagues as key to our success. Life at Leeds Building Society is both stretching and rewarding and we provide a wide range of training and development opportunities to help you build a successful career with us.
What do you know about Leeds Building Society?
We are the 5th biggest building society in the UK with 140 years of experience and we have every intention of getting better and better. We are totally committed to do what we were set up to do – to help people save money and to buy their own home.
We've won a whole host of awards over the years including Best Companies accreditation, which reflects our continued commitment to colleagues and the customer service they provide to our members. We work hard to develop a product range to try to meet our members' needs, and partner with numerous local communities and chosen charities.
We're not a bank – we're a mutual, which means we're owned by our members and are run exclusively in their best interests. .
Interested in applying?
• Click “Please Apply” below.
Leeds Building Society is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us.