8 months ago
Property Sales and Loss Recovery Officer
Leeds Building Society is looking for a Property Sales and Loss Recovery Officer to join our Mortgage Services department, based at our City Exchange Office in the heart of Leeds city centre.
About the role
The main purpose is to ensure our partners take possession of properties in a smooth manner, then selling for the best price, using the most effective method, to ensure the best price is obtained within the most reasonable timescale. Officers will escalate their cases in line with policies and procedures.
You will work with our customers to ensure they kept up to date with progress of their account to redemption and subsequent recovery of any shortfall. Approach is paramount, whilst having the ability to meet the demands of a high performance organisation in a heavily regulated environment.
Essential Skills and Experience
• Telephone and customer contact experience
• Experience of working in an environment where the requirement to follow due process and procedure is paramount.
• Ideally experience of working in an highly regulated environment
• Dealing with complex queries
• Understanding of the external regulators policies governing the activity of dealing with customer’s mortgages and sales of properties.
• GCSE Maths and English minimum Grade C / completion of vocational or other college course or equivalent relevant experience
• Leadership skills to assist and develop colleagues
Benefits and Rewards
• Competitive salary
• Annual performance related bonus scheme
• 23 days annual holiday
• Annual holiday purchase scheme
• Annual volunteering day
• Exclusive colleague mortgage deals
• Leeds Colleague Association scheme
• Childcare voucher scheme
• Cycle flex scheme
• Health Shield cash plan
• Life assurance
• Long service awards
• Pension scheme
• Private medical insurance scheme
• Recommend a friend scheme
• Travel ticket loans – bus and train
We see all colleagues as key to our success. Life at Leeds Building Society is both challenging and rewarding and we provide a wide range of training and development opportunities to help you build a successful career with us.
About Leeds Building Society
We are the 5th biggest building society in the UK with 140 years of experience and we have every intention of getting better and better. We are totally committed to do what we were set up to do – to help people save money and to buy their own home.
We’ve won a whole host of awards over the years, which reflect how we have focused on our customer service. We’ve also worked hard to develop a product range to try to meet our members’ needs, and have worked with numerous local communities and chosen charities.
We’re not a bank – we’re a mutual, which means we’re owned by our members and are run exclusively in their best interests. .
• Click “Please Apply” below.