3 months ago
6 Month Fixed Term Contract
O2 is the commercial brand of Telefonica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefonica S.A. With over 25 million customer across the UK, O2 is one of the world’s most innovative companies putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are more than just a network. We open up the endless possibilities of technology, connecting our customers to the things that they love and exploring new ways to open up the world for them.
We are always on the lookout for great talent. Just like our customers, we offer our employees more. From a choice of benefits, rewards, training and ongoing career development there are many reasons to join O2.
What do the team do?
Well, the world of technology continues to march on. And here in Marketing, we`re with our customers every step of the way. It`s not just about keeping the O2 brand fresh and approachable. It`s about guiding people through an increasingly complex digital world to ensure they can Be More with whatever devices they choose to use. That`s why we`ve created a global structure that thinks big and bold. Looks to the future. And, above all, looks to build long-lasting emotional connections with our customers.
How will you fit into this?
The Transformation Lead is a critical role in shaping & guiding the IT build & delivery of O2s core customer propositions for 2020 and beyond within the Accelerate O2 project. This role will be the customer marketing team lead and owner of designing and delivering for customer marketing the right propositions and adheres to the correct governance for delivery.
Working with and holding the customer marketing team and Accelerate stakeholders accountable for delivery and expected outcomes for investment.
Some of the more specific responsibilities:
* Working across functions to help define requirements
* Ensuring appropriate actions taken to get governance at right time
* Obtaining agreement for plans from governance boards (Consumer & SMB Board/Accelerate governance/ OpCom)
* Maintaining a business wide and global perspective, having knowledge of International best practice around wider propositions available in the rest of the world, ensuring that the propositions developed are market leading incorporating latest thinking and trends
* Understanding of the consumer and the complex needs of our segments, making sure that the propositions built satisfy the different customer segments as well as commercial objectives
* Be our expert on customer propositions with a deep understanding of market, competition and adjacent markets and their impact on our consumer business
* Balance the need to underpin O2’s customer value credentials whilst seeking to maximise the monetisation potential
* Required to lead cross functional teams to deliver projects with significant CAPEX expenditure
* Maintaining a working understanding of O2’s current and future systems capability
What we need from you:
* Calm under pressure with the ability to act decisively even in cases of significant uncertainty
* Able to present at Board (OpCom/ExCom) level as well as to store and customer service advisors
* Innovative thinking and understanding of end-to-end proposition development (people, processes, systems) to develop best solutions for regulatory and IT project delivery
* Delivery of sound, well thought through changes within a complex business and matrix structure driving significant change in customer behaviour
* Team orientation and stakeholder management skills to lead large cross-functional teams across the wider business in addition to obtaining buy-in to, and delivery against, strategic plans
* Ability to cope in a pressurised environment, due to the significant budget responsibility
* Education to degree level in a relevant subject, or equivalent, coupled with proven consumer marketing experience from a comparable competitive industry
* Passion for customers
Salary and benefits:
We are looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position, and in addition we have some great benefits such as a bonus, life cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits too.
Telefonica’s commitment to a great work-life balance allows us to consider flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you’ll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There’s so much to discover. Your adventure starts here.