3 months ago
Public Sector Account Manager
Type of role: full time permanent
Hours: Monday-Friday 09:00-17:30
Holidays: 25 days
Overall purpose of the job:
* To support and execute the new business acquisition strategy ensuring achievement of all assigned margin, revenue and contract value targets
* To effectively manage and develop existing customers ensuring achievement of all assigned margin, revenue and contract value targets
* Deliver consistent and exceptional level of sales professionalism whilst exceeding performance against measurable key performance indicators
Key responsibilities for this job:
* Develop and execute short, medium and long term business plans to exceed targets
* Achieve and exceed margin, contract value, and revenue targets
* Deliver against key performance indicators and objectives
* Prospect, qualify, negotiate and close key new business deals
* Build and maintain a solid and robustly qualified pipeline of sales opportunities growing to a level of 4x target coverage.
* Forecast monthly and quarterly sales achievement within accuracy of +/- 10%
* To competently and knowledgably advise both new and prospective customers on our solutions and services that best fulfil their requirements, undergoing full assessments and analysis of client needs
* Build and maintain a strong technical and commercial understanding of key Exponential-e product propositions particularly: WAN (VPLS, Point to Point, SD WAN), Hosting and Cloud, Managed IT services; Hosted Voice and Unified Comms.
* Formulate and complete client presentations to a high standard
* Complete monthly reports and other administrative requirements to quality standards and required timeframes.
* Generate strong relationships with senior executives within our customer and prospect base
* Develop and sustain network of contacts and key individuals within assigned verticals and target market arena
Knowledge and experience required:
* Experience in developing new business within Central Gov., Health, Local Government and Education
* Proven track record of successfully managing and developing relationships with existing customers over the contract term.
* Able to demonstrate strong commercial understanding and business acumen
* Proven track record of identifying, developing and closing new business opportunities
* Good understanding of Public Sector buying practices and relevant frameworks
* Extensive experience within the Connectivity, Cloud, Hosting, UC, and Vendor environment
* Strong understanding of technology application in the Hosting, WAN, Cloud, UC and Voice arenas
* Strong sales skills (prospecting, qualifying, campaign management)
* Detailed understanding of sales process and demonstration of world class sales rigour
* Proven and consistent track record of target over-achievement
* Strong networking ability and natural communication style
* Confident communicator with strong presentation, numeracy and written skills
* Strong problem solving abilities; able to facilitate discussions and outcomes
* Able to travel within designated territory and able to work with the minimum of supervision
* Microsoft XP (Excel, Word, Email, Access, Power Point)
* Salesforce CRM experience advantageous but not essential
* Degree level education advantageous, but track record of success in aligned career more important
"Achieve the status whereby Exponential-e 3.0 is formally acknowledged among our peers, competitors and clients as the most advanced and innovative business technology enabler in The World. A World-class company..."