8 months ago
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
We’re committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
This opportunity would suit a Quality Engineer with proven automation and web development experience, and a passion for modern technology and creative solutions. An ability to challenge and enthusiasm to constantly learn, improve and find new ways of working are key.
The successful applicant will join the Member Get Member (refer a friend) web application development team; a dynamic, talented and creative team of engineers who consistently deliver innovative solutions that drive significant growth through card acquisition. The team operates in a fully agile model and has dedicated, co-located Product Owners.
* Accountability for the assurance of quality code that is fully tested and scalable for a Web Application
* Partner with Product Owners to define test requirements and acceptance criteria
* Actively develop and maintain automation frameworks in Selenium and Saucelabs
* Execute test cases/scripts, including Systems Integration, Regression, and Performance Testing
* Implement test process improvements and drive development of automation and testing in a CD/CI environment
* Demonstrate a passion for continuous learning, innovation and willingness to adopt new testing practices
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
* Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, related engineering, or other technical discipline
* Hands on experience in writing code for automation, test-driven development, unit testing, functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing, GUI testing, web service testing, and browser compatibility testing, BDD (Cucumber)
* Good communication skills - able to interpret technical details and work with product managers and business partners to define acceptance criteria
* Experience in Agile or other rapid application development techniques
* Demonstrated experience working with a team of software engineers
* Knowledge of Junit (Mockito or Powermock)
* Knowledge of testing full Java stack applications
Some of the following experience would also be desirable:
* Knowledge of automated build / continuous delivery, experience of Git, Maven and Jenkins
* Experience of RESTful API and micro services testing
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
* Health care scheme
* Defined contribution pension plan
* Dental scheme
* Virtual GP
* Life assurance
* Income protection
* Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
* A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
* Employee Discount Portal
* Back up childcare/adultcare
* Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below.However,If you require any assistance with the completion of this process or need any reasonable adjustments to be made then please contact the Campus Recruitment Team.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 8, 2018, 4:03:50 AM