5 months ago
QA Test Analyst
Overall Job Purpose
Immediate Media is the special interest content and platform company, with brands like Radio Times, BBC History, BBC Good Food, Top Gear, Hitched, and Gardeners World.
We are looking for a Test Analyst who goes over and beyond finding bugs; who strives for greater quality, continuous improvement, and shows a real desire for efficiency through automation.
The successful candidate will ensure consistent high standards are met across Immediate digital platforms, and look to drive high standards for all deliveries, cultivating an environment of quality and encouraging others to consider it at all stages.
You'll be working as part of our talents Mobile Apps team made up of Developers, Designers, UX Architects, and Test Analysts. Current projects involve our migration to a brand new digital platform for both iOS and Android as well as more experimental projects involving Amazon Alexa skills.
At Immediate we are keen to promote equality and diversity with all our roles. We aim to provide a great culture where you are given the opportunity to learn and grow in a supportive enjoyable environment.
We believe in a good work-life balance and offer a great working environment including;
* Training and in-house workshops
* Social events including the company-wide summer festival
* Casual dress, friendly people, and a relaxed atmosphere
* Your birthday off, and an extra day at Christmas too
Listen below to find out more about the team!
* Collaborate with other team members and Product Managers to progress our digital strategy
* Work with other test analysts to increase the effectiveness of the role in the organisation
* Taking responsibility for representing the test function at all team ceremonies
* Build, maintain and execute test scripts
* Communicating bugs early and effectively, managing issues until they are resolved
* Considering and conducting exploratory testing to increase test coverage and maximise discovery of bugs and defects
* Keep up to date with industry and apply learnings within the role
Knowledge, Experience & Competencies
Ideal candidates should show some of the following behaviours...
* We want you to come with passion, creativity, expertise, openness, flexibility and drive
* Collaborative and adaptable approach
* Understand the big picture and how your work fits into it
* Exemplary communication, listening and negotiating skills
* Inquisitive or knowledgeable about automated testing and willing to broaden your testing skill-set with the latest automation technologies
* ISTQB qualified, or similar qualification
* Most importantly, we want you to have a passion for a quality delivery
We want you to have the some of following qualities...
* Significant web, mobile, and app testing experience
* Experience of Android and iOS operating systems
* Experience submitting apps to Apple and Android and liaising with their support teams
* Familiarity with modern testing techniques including BDD
* Familiarity or a strong desire to learn automated testing tools
* Detailed knowledge of the software development life cycle
* Demonstrable experience working in an Agile environment