3 months ago
QA Test Analyst- London
Overall Job Purpose
Immediate Media is the special interest content and platform company, with brands like Radio Times, BBC Good Food, Good Housekeeping, Top Gear, Lego Ninjago, and Jewellery Maker TV.
We are looking for a QA Test Analyst to join one of our development teams. Reporting to the team’s Scrum Master, the successful candidate will be passionate about quality and will go over and above ensuring consistent high standards are met across Immediate digital platforms and look to drive high standards for all deliveries; cultivating an environment of quality and encouraging others to consider it at all stages.
You’ll be joining an established development team so being a team player, a great communicator, and an observant and transparent individual who can identify problems early, report and escalate where necessary is key to the role.
We’ll be looking for a keen learner, who continually wants to improve, to grow their own skills, their team’s skills and adapt to new tools and processes.
At Immediate we are keen to promote equality and diversity with all of our roles, and we are supportive of people’s work-life balance, as such, for this role we are happy to discuss flexible working options.
If you join, you will grow with our agile teams and help us keep relevant in a dynamic marketplace.
Ideal candidates show some of the following behaviours…
* We want you to come with passion, creativity, expertise, openness, flexibility and drive.
* We want you to have a collaborative and adaptable approach.
* We want you to be passionate about Quality Assurance and ready to go the extra mile to make a real difference.
* We want you to understand the big picture and how your work fits into it.
* We want you to have exemplary communication, listening and negotiating skills.
* We want you to be inquisitive or knowledgeable about automated testing and willing to broaden your testing skill set through the latest automation tools and techniques.
* Most importantly, we want you to have a passion for quality delivery!
We’ll expect you to take on the following responsibilities...
* Acting as an integrated member of the development team, working closely to ensure the integrity and quality of changes to the products.
* Acting as a QA role model; understanding the grasp of quality in the development team and coach them to higher levels.
* Taking responsibility for representing QA at all team ceremonies.
* Ensuring the execution of comprehensive functional, non-functional, user acceptance and regression tests.
* Communicating bugs early and effectively, managing issues until they are resolved.
* Considering and conducting exploratory testing to increase test coverage and maximise discovery of bugs and defects
* Work with other QA analysts to increase the effectiveness of the role in the organisation.
Knowledge, Experience & Competencies
We want you to have the following qualities...
* Significant web and mobile testing experience.
* Experience of cross browser and mobile responsive testing across a wide range of browsers / mobile devices
* Familiarity working within an agile environment.
* Familiarity with the Behaviour Driven Development Methodology
* Familiarity with or a desire to learn automated testing tools.
* Detailed knowledge of the software development life cycle.
* Demonstrable experience of working in an agile environment.
* An observant and transparent individual; you can identify problems early, report and escalate where necessary, and be able to articulate progress, both internally and externally.