6 months ago
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
We’re committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
This job might be for you if….
* You are a Quality Engineer who understands that “good enough” is never enough.
* You have a passion for modern technology and creative solutions.
* You like interacting with and helping people, and get a kick out of getting them to those aha! moments.
* You can form great working relationships quickly and also add value by introducing best practice design and techniques learned elsewhere
* The successful applicant will join the Buyer Initiated Payments team: vibrant, dynamic and talented team of engineers who believe “the team who eats & drinks together – wins together”.
We are working to build an exciting transformation of a high profile financial platform across both UI and API environments; involving both green field and brown field development.
We are looking for someone who is an expert in automation, testing, quality assurance and is driven to continuously raise the bar. We want to ensure that only the highest quality code is released, because that is what our business and our customers depend on.
As a Quality Engineer on our team, you will:
* Work with engineers to drive improvements in code quality via manual and automated testing in a distributed Java application.
* Partner with Product Owners to define test requirements and acceptance criteria.
* Actively develop and maintain automation frameworks in Java, Selenium, Postman, JMeter and Saucelabs.
* Execute test cases/scripts, including Systems Integration, Regression, and Performance Testing.
* Implement test process improvements and drive development of automation and testing in a CI/CD environment
* Demonstrate a passion for continuous learning, innovation and willingness to adopt new testing practices
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
* University degree in computer science, related engineering, or other technical discipline or equivalent experience
* Hands on experience in writing code for automation, test-driven development, functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing, GUI testing, web service testing, and browser compatibility testing.
* Experience in creating test automation frameworks, BDD, Selenium Web Driver, Postman, JMeter or similar tools.
* Good communication skills - able to interpret technical details and work with product managers and business partners.
* Experience in Agile or other rapid application development techniques.
* Demonstrated experience working with a team of software engineers
* Knowledge of Junit (Mockito or Powermock).
* Knowledge of testing full Java stack applications.
Some of the following experience would also be desirable:
* Knowledge of automated build / continuous delivery, experience of Git, Maven and Jenkins.
* Experience of RESTful API and micro services testing.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team.on firstname.lastname@example.org orfree phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
* Health care scheme
* Defined contribution pension plan
* Dental scheme
* Virtual GP
* Life assurance
* Income protection
* Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
* A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
* Employee Discount Portal
* Back up childcare/adultcare
* Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below.However,If you require any assistance with the completion of this process or need any reasonable adjustments to be made then please contact the Campus Recruitment Team.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 11, 2018, 12:45:55 PM