14 days ago
Don’t just have a great idea, build it.
We are on the journey to develop a best in class, modern storage
solution for the enterprise, to support the digital first strategy, improve our
cost efficiency and ensure better self-service for all our consumers as part of
our technology roadmap. With over 30 billion servicing communications stored,
continuing to invest in innovation, modernization and leading-edge technologies
is critically important, especially as we move through our platform and product
We are looking for a Quality Engineer to deliver world-class
software solutions supporting our platform vision. This includes using
leading-edge modern technology stack, fostering engineering culture, innovation
using new capabilities, cultivating continual improvement in system quality,
and performance. Our Quality Engineers understand that “good enough” is never
enough. They are experts in automation, testing and quality assurance. They are
driven to continuously raise the bar – ensuring that only the highest quality
code is released; as that is what our business and our customers depend on.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Are you up for the challenge?
* Preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer
engineering, other technical discipline or equivalent experience
* Actively develop and maintain automation frameworks in a CI/CD
* Execute test cases/scripts, including Systems Integration,
Regression, and Performance Testing
* Work with engineers as part of an Agile scrum team to drive
improvements in code quality
At the core of Software Engineering, the candidate must be able to
demonstrate some of the following core competencies:
* Experience using testing automation tools/frameworks/patterns such
as SoapUI, JMeter, Selenium WebDriver, page object, TestNG
* Good knowledge of API, performance and security testing
* Experience in Test-Driven Development (TDD), unit testing,
functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing, GUI
testing, web service testing, and browser compatibility testing. Experience of Behaviour-Driven
Development (BDD) would be an advantage.
* Knowledge of automated build / continuous integration platforms,
especially Maven and Jenkins (Gradle, ANT, Hudson useful)
* Experience of using the Atlassian product suite (e.g. JIRA,
Confluence) or other Agile work item management tools (e.g. Rally)
* Good knowledge of Java & JEE, including Hibernate, Spring,
Junit, Hamcest, mocking (JMock/Mokito), REST, Cucumber, Groovy, Headless
* Attention to detail and accuracy are essential
* Kafka - Understating of Kafka’s streaming-processing is an
* NoSQL - Experience/knowledge with NoSQL databases such as Couchbase
is an advantage.
* Any of the following test certifications - QAI, ASQ, IIST, ISEB,
ISTQB are an advantage.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for
over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools,
and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a
culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to
succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new
challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when
they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving
them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to
back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’
total health and wellbeing, including:
* Health care scheme
* Defined contribution pension plan
* Dental scheme
* Virtual GP
* Life assurance
* Income protection
* Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional
* A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your
lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness
coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
* Employee Discount Portal
* Back up childcare/adultcare
* Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital
Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa
Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below.
However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or
need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 27, 2018, 8:22:59 AM