5 months ago
Location: 79 Wells Street, London
Platforum is a prestigious research and strategy consultancy. It is well respected for its expertise in the investment distribution industry and has many of the world’s leading financial services brands among its clients including: Aegon, Fidelity, Hargreaves Lansdown, J.P. Morgan, Jupiter Asset Management, Quilter, to name a few.
The industry is experiencing unprecedented disruption from digital innovation combined with huge regulatory and legislative changes creating excellent opportunities for a wide range of companies from the largest global asset managers to the most progressive fintech startups. Platforum research informs their strategies.
This role is an exciting opportunity for someone interested in developing expertise in the retail investment industry. Platforum Analysts work across all Platforum reports and must have strong organisation skills as well as good report writing and analysis skills. The Analyst will work with senior team members on high profile research reports and has the opportunity to contribute to research that influences the strategic direction of investment firms. The role carries significant responsibility and offers opportunity for progression within the team and the wider business.
Most importantly, the ability to get to grips with the dynamics of a complicated industry will suit a highly motivated individual who wants to establish a career in the notoriously competitive investment distribution industry.
Key Accountabilities:• Conduct quantitative research with key players in the retail investment industry and write research findings.
• Interpret survey data and research to identify trends and draw insights of commercial interest to Platforum’s clients.
• Produce research and reports for the investment platform market, asset management industry and pension markets.
• Present research findings at industry meetings and events.
Behaviours and Knowledge:
• Excellent research and organisational skills with the ability to meet deadlines
• Clear and concise writing on business related subjects in an appropriate style
• Numeracy and data analysis
• Knowledge, understanding and enthusiasm for investment and financial issues
• Core IT skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Experience of presenting is an asset
• Timely completion of deliverables
• Ability to manage research programmes and to gather and interpret findings
• Delivery of written work to a high standard
• Ability to gain the trust and respect of colleagues and clients
Platforum is brand within Centaur Media, a main market listed company, primarily based in the UK with approximately 500 employees in offices in Central London. We are a multi-platform content and services business that provides businesses and individuals with knowledge, tools and opportunities to improve their performance. We show specific global communities how they can achieve excellence, measure and benchmark their performance and celebrate success. Centaur generates market intelligence and insight which enables them to plan and prepare for future trends.