8 days ago
Quantitative Risk Analyst – Permanent – Milton Keynes
Quantitative Risk Analyst – Permanent – Milton Keynes
South East England
Make decisions that matter, while protecting our customers
Our Milton Keynes office is seeking an ambitious Quantitative Risk Analyst for a role in our UK Methodology department.
You will be accountable for areas of Risk which ensure the development of models and methods that are consistent with San UK's strategic growth objectives and leverage ratios. You will also participate in ensuring the Methodology resource is managed well, remains motivated and delivery focussed. Finally you will ensure Methodology remains a credible key player in influencing business strategy and direction.
The role typically involves being a key player in, with opportunity to manage, projects to develop and maintain models used for regulatory and external reporting, as well as supporting internal strategies:
* IFRS9 Provisions
* Stress testing provisions and capital
* Other models that may be used for pricing, risk appetite, etc.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Quantitative Risk Analyst your main responsibilities will be
* Develop IFRS9 compliant credit risk models for use in the estimation of provisions.
* Develop stress test models for use in regulatory and internal capital adequacy exercises.
* Take ownership for monitoring and managing the performance of multiple credit risk models.
* Independently make decisions regarding model development or strategy, seeing decisions through to project conclusion without the need for management guidance.
* Project manage large pieces of work, often involving coordinating and managing inter and intra Risk resources. Work as Risk representative on cross business projects, making and influencing decisions. Ensure that Risk requirements are fully specified and adopted.
* Be responsible for the technical development of the team, and seek opportunities to improve the work of the department as a whole.
Minimum skills and experience required
* 2:1 achieved at degree level in a numerate subject (e.g. Maths, Statistics, Operational Research, Physics, and Engineering) and/or equivalent qualifications/experience.
* Mastery of a common statistical programming tool (e.g. SAS).
* Good understanding of the operation of banking and database technology, procedures for extracting and storing data from production systems to data-warehouses, procedures for manipulating this data, and the implications these have for efficiently completing robust, accurate, analysis in varying circumstances.
* Mastery of a range of predictive modelling and optimisation techniques.
* Mastery of statistical techniques for measuring, analysing, predicting and improving business performance.
* Good understanding of the drivers of Retail Banking product profitability, and how these commonly respond to different credit and marketing strategies, and broader economic conditions.
* Prior knowledge of IFRS9 and stress testing would be advantageous.
Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* £6,000 car allowance per year
* Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
You’ll be based in one of our biggest offices in the UK, right in the heart of Milton Keynes, home to a range of key functions including Marketing, Finance and Risk and conveniently located only a short walking distance from Milton Keynes Central rail station and Shopping Centre. Offering an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple, personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.