14 days ago
Quantitative Risk Analyst – Permanent – London
Quantitative Risk Analyst – Permanent – London
Make banking better in a role where no two days are the same
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Quantitative Risk Analyst to join us in London. The role holder will be part of the methodology team who are responsible for the development of risk methodologies used across the wider risk department. This role will sit within Quantitative Risk Group (QRG) and will focus on market risk and counterparty credit risk methodologies.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Quantitative Risk Analyst your main responsibilities will be
* Working closely with the Market Risk, Credit Risk, Product Control, Finance and Front Office teams to provide quantitative support and practical solutions in a timely manner.
* Supporting changes to Valuation adjustments and modelling of market risk factors.
* Participating in the ongoing development of Stress Testing models.
* Demonstrating an understanding of derivatives across asset classes (Fixed Income, Inflation, FX, Equity etc.), from a theoretical perspective.
* Translating technical details into real life issues; understandable to senior management.
Minimum skills and experience required
* Degree in a technical discipline ideally a master’s degree.
* Knowledge of risk management methodologies (e.g. VaR, Risk Capital, Stress Testing) and regulatory capital requirements (e.g. BASELIII/IV, CRD IV).
* Strong quantitative skills (mathematical, statistical) applied in modelling and data analysis.
* Strong independent skills and able to manage stakeholder requirements/ model owners.
* Must have excellent Excel & VBA programming skills (Python, R, C++ or Matlab desirable).
Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
* Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station. It’s one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR. With an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple, personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.