4 months ago
Quantitative Risk Analyst – Milton Keynes
Quantitative Risk Analyst – Milton Keynes
South East England
Give it your all in a role that will support your growth
A role within Risk is available for a Quantitative Risk Analyst to join the team. You will be accountable for supporting the model development process for provisions and stress testing. Primarily this involves developing predictive models to understand the future credit risk performance of the bank’s portfolios under a variety of economic conditions.
In any specific project the analyst would be expected to
* Use mathematical / technical skill to provide quantitative analysis and support to senior management / other risk departments / the business.
* Manage a model development project from inception through to delivery where they are the primary resource for the development.
* Explain the results of the models in business language to ensure that the business understands the assumptions supporting the development.
* Provide clear documentation of the model highlighting the methodology used, taking into account the strengths and limitations of the approach.
* Ensure that output is of sufficient robustness to withstand independent scrutiny and challenge by external regulators.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Quantitative Risk Analyst your main responsibilities will be
* Supporting model developments as a member of the project team
* Completing complex ad-hoc analysis/investigation
* Contributing to the development of the model development methodology
* Supporting and prepare responses related to governance queries, e.g. from audit or the PRA
* Undertaking model adjustments
* Understanding and reviewing the regular model management reporting and be able to provide expert analysis with explanation to the local risk unit regarding the impact of any changes in model performance
Minimum skills and experience required
* Degree level in a numerate subject
* Experience in using SAS or other programming tools such as Python, R, C#
* Ideally experience in either IRB, IFRS9 or scorecard development, but not essential
* Experience working with very large data sets and data visualization
* Strong oral and written communication skills
Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
* Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
You’ll be based in one of our biggest offices in the UK, right in the heart of Milton Keynes, home to a range of key functions including Marketing, Finance and Risk and conveniently located only a short walking distance from Milton Keynes Central rail station and Shopping Centre. Offering an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple, personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.