6 months ago
Britvic is the name behind iconic and market-leading brands such as Robinsons, Pepsi, Fruit Shoot, Tango, Squash’d, J2O, R.Whites, Gatorade, 7UP and Lipton – and we are on a journey to become the most dynamic, creative and trusted soft drinks company in the world. To get there we need to be continually sharpening our competitive edge, maximising value through creative, effective, strategic, passionate and professional Operational teams.
Progress your career:
Britvic is a very exciting and supportive place to be, with award winning brands, a clear vision, personal development and an open and honest culture. We offer a comprehensive package for this position - including a highly competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, enhanced company pension contributions, share save schemes, annual pay reviews, healthcare, vouchers and a whole host of flexible benefits.
About the Role:
Rugby is the largest site within the Britvic group, producing up to 50% of the company’s volume. The factory has multiple lines, producing Can, PET and Aseptic products within the Juices, Carbonates and Sports Drinks categories. Major brands produced at the site include Pepsi, 7UP, Tango, Gatorade and Fruit Shoot
As a RAW Materials Team Leader, you will work to deliver the site vision and the strategic plan for the department supporting the achievement of the company vision. You will ensure that all Materials are managed, and movement is controlled in a way that supports the total operation and inventory management process, delivering the sites business objectives whilst meeting or exceeding scorecard performance through leading a highly flexible and multi-skilled team undertaking a wide range of tasks. You will optimise the use of resources in the department to achieve the required safety, productivity, quality, cost and service objectives in an environment of high morale and engagement whilst deploying the site delivery plans for the plant, people and processes within the context of the overall site strategy.
* Deliver the Site vision and the strategic plan for the shift to support the achievement of the company vision
* Ensure tight control of manpower planning and promote staff development to meet operational requirements
* Own and deliver the training strategy for the shift
* Manage all MHE equipment across site ensuring contracts are adhered to and all costs controlled
* Define a culture of the Britvic Work System
* Drive lean manufacturing principles that ensure efficient, cost effective operations of materials across the plant
* Effectively support communication strategies within the site.
* Ensure consistent quality standards by applying approved manufacturing and quality procedures.
* Work closely with other Britvic functions and contractors to ensure effective introduction of new products and processes.
* Create a safety-first culture by establishing a safe working environment, safe working practices and safety conscious behaviours amongst your team.
* Suitable assessment and control of risk including maintenance and practice of continually addressing and reviewing any risks in your area
* Accountable for safety across your area; providing appropriate guidance, leadership, accountability and empowerment to your team to create a culture of Safety in this area.
* Cost effective labour utilisation and flexing when required
* Adherence to Standard Day ways of working)
* Lead Zero Loss activity for RAW Materials Team
* Effective implementation of quality plans, standard operating procedures to deliver right first time and consumer complaint reduction
* Adherence to process capability to provide product consistency and trade sample results.
* Support the audit process including the closure of associated actions
* Delver targets for your team to establish and maintain appropriate cost per litre
* Deliver cost reduction targets
* Appropriate use of flexible workforce and overtime.
* Fulfilment of shift and line performance
* Ability to deal with the dynamic complexities of the Operations.
Great Place To Work
* Provide suitable environment, training, development and culture to build your teams capability
* Build technical and functional skills within your team utilising programmes and materials from the Britvic Work System.
* Build a high performing team culture
* Embed Company Purpose, Vision, Values and Behaviours within your team
* Manage effective employee relations through delivery of performance management reviews.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
* Some experience in a Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) environment or similar high volume automated environment is desirable
* Proven leadership skills
* Strong people skills with ability to flex styles to differing individual needs is essential
* Strong Communication skills
* Sound knowledge of manufacturing and HSE process and legislation is desirable
* Experience of Lean Manufacturing
* Strong Computer skills required, SAP and B1 an advantage
* Recognised (RTITB) FLT or equivalent qualification
* 5 GCSE’s to include Maths and English or equivalent
* NVQ 3rd level qualification ideally in Production, Warehousing, Food Science, or Engineering or similar
We’re committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and employees – in fact this is at the heart of our company culture and values, and we welcome applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds.