5 months ago
Regional Digital Business Development Manager
Overall Job Purpose
This is an exciting position based in Immediate Media’s Northern Sales Team (NST). You will be responsible for driving Immediate Media’s digital advertising revenue across some of the UK’s biggest media brands. A varied role where you will be selling across our whole portfolio (reaching over 22m) through either direct buys, takeovers, sponsorship, PMP and PG deals.
You will be joining an experienced team that has enjoyed a great deal of success in the last few years with double digital growth in digital ad revenue plus consecutive year on year growth in print revenue. We are looking for someone to continue this trend and share the success.
Reporting to the NST Head of Sales you will:
* Proactively seek out digital opportunities and respond with the best approach, as well as answering incoming cross brand and audience briefs.
* Forge strong relationships with the key digital teams at all relevant media agencies.
* Manage and deliver budgeted digital revenues across our core brands including Radio Times, BBC Good Food, Olive, Delicious, Top Gear, Gardeners World and Made For Mums, plus the wider portfolio.
* Drive the PMP and PG revenue across Immediate Media’s portfolio.
* Produce compelling sales pitches and PCA’s
* Become the programmatic champion for the NST, taking additional accountability for the programmatic revenue growth and transferring knowledge of the programmatic sales offering to the wider team.
* Alongside ad operations and the PMP sales team, take responsibility for optimising the performance of your live private marketplace deals, liaising with buyers as appropriate.
* Work closely with the brand sales teams to help grow the direct revenue for our core brands.
* Develop a strong working relationship with our London colleagues, especially the Programmatic and Audience team who will become your second team!
* Present Immediate Media’s portfolio offering to appropriate contacts at traditional media buying agencies, digital agencies and clients throughout the NST’s territory (Birmingham northwards).
* Identify account hit list and develop strategy to maximise revenue.
* Keep regular contact with current, previous and potential advertisers.
* Identify and develop new revenue opportunities across the portfolio.
* Establish a comprehensive knowledge of the market, our competitors and clients.
* Keep the NST Head of Sales informed of current, future, booked and lost business.
* Achieve individual objectives set as a result of appraisals/mid-term review.
* Maintain a high level of meetings across the NST sales territory
* Act as an ambassador for Immediate Media and attend industry events/socials
Knowledge, Experience & Competencies
* Drive for Results – This role can be shaped by you. The successful candidate will see what needs to be done, and with support, will get on with the job in hand and succeed.
* Building relationships – You relate well to people both inside and outside of the company. You build rapport easily which leads to constructive and effective relationships.
* Influencing – You persuade others to buy or support your ideas and actions. You tailor your approach and present your ideas confidently. You take the initiative to present your ideas and plans.
* Customer Focus – You are dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. You act with customers in mind. You establish and maintain effective customer relations gaining their trust and respect.
* Team Player – You work well as part of a team to achieve common goals through shared ambition, communication and collaboration. You actively contribute to the team and understand where you fit in. You will support other team members and encourage input from others. You work together to achieve the best outcome for the team.
* Creativity – You are quick to identify new opportunities. You champion new ideas and initiatives. You encourage calculated risk taking and seek different perspectives. You question the status quo whilst considering how ideas will work pragmatically.
Knowledge & Experience
* Digital advertising experience is essential (planning, buying or selling) however, the role can be shaped depending on your experience. Significant experience in a digital role is ideal.
* Experience of both executing and optimising programmatic deals (preferred).
* Some experience of using Ad Tech landscape and its implications for both media owners and buyers. (preferred).
* Evidence of strong presentation skills.
* Competent with all Windows packages including Excel and PowerPoint, as well as Google Slides.
* Full Driving Licence (car or car allowance provided).
* Proven knowledge of, and contacts within the Midlands, Northern and Scottish digital and media communities would be a benefit although we also encourage applicants considering a move to Manchester if you have digital media experience.