6 months ago
Johnson & Johnson Medical Companies produce a broad range of innovative products and solutions used primarily by health care professionals in the fields of orthopaedics, surgical oncology, general surgery, neurosurgery & neurological disease, infection prevention, cardiovascular disease, and aesthetics. As the most comprehensive devices business in the world, Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is best suited to serve evolving customer needs, train more surgeons to improve standards of care, and treat more patients globally as access expands.
Ethicon is devoted to shaping the future of surgery by advancing innovation, addressing the most pressing healthcare issues and improving lives every day. Our product portfolio includes energy devices, wound closure, endo-mechanical, cardiothoracic, gyne, urology and thyroid and biosurgery surgical devices.
We are seeking a Regional Sales Manager to provide line leadership responsibility for a team of Wound Closure, Biosurgery and Biopatch Sales Specialists within Ethicon.
Territory: South Central and South West (key sites include Southampton, Guildford, Frimley, Bristol, Cardiff)
* Lead a surgical sales team to drive the growth and success of the business within the allocated geographical region.
* Ensure regional strategy is aligned with the national strategy and executed across the region.
* Maintain excellent commercial and environmental knowledge and gain insights to ensure the most effective regional strategies, shaping the business to ensure growth.
* Tactically operates across the full breadth of comprehensive portfolio, using exceptional commercial acumen in a way that improves sales opportunities within the region
* Partner with colleagues across Medical Devices to ensure the full extent of company resources is harnessed and delivers more than competitors in the marketplace.
* Lead the team development and ensure standard methodology performance and development processes are applied.
* Member of the business Leadership team responsible for leading the UK business plan and achieving business goals. Partner across the business to ensure we harness the full extent of our company resources and deliver more than our competitors.
Key areas of responsibility:
* Achieving regional sales growth targets through CREDO based leadership of the regional sales team.
* Building and maintaining a highly effective diverse sales team environment that encourages performance excellence, retains top talent and leads to personal and organisational growth embedding a Winning Spirit.
* Coaching and development of team members to maximise their sales performance through appropriate use of sales force effectiveness methodology and performance & development process. Accelerate development of high potential employees.
* Engage and lead in commercial discussions with hospital procurement and management teams.
* Developing and leading positive relationships with key customers and opinion leaders.
* Deploying resources within the region to deliver regional commitments to national business plan, and to respond to changing market conditions.
* Forming part of the UK management team and collaborating with other sales management and senior leadership team in development of both strategic and tactical initiatives.
* Diligent monitoring and control of all assigned regional budgets.
* Plan and executes effective regional meetings.
* Works actively with colleagues to identify, adopt and improve the skill set required to achieve in the role.
* Ensure active participation and maintenance by the team of all Company systems and ensure regional compliance.
Skills and competencies required:
* A high level of energy and urgency to deliver sales results, agile and resilient.
* Ability to lead, inspire and coach a regional team to drive a Winning Spirit and achieve business results.
* Excellent commercial acumen.
* Good business understanding and excellent commercial acumen.
* Excellent communication and relationship building skills with a sense of urgency towards customer needs.
* Adept at problem solving, supported by analytical abilities, to make fact based decisions.
* Strong organizational and planning skills with ability to prioritise and efficiently maximise available time.
* Ability to anticipate, lead and encourage innovation and strong change management capabilities.
* Trustworthy with the ability to deal with confidential information in an appropriate and sensitive way
* Successful track record in selling/marketing, preferably within a surgical/theatre environment.
* Working knowledge of the NHS.
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work across a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
* Successful track record of sales management.
* Degree level qualification in business/science discipline.
* Working knowledge of the NHS, hospital environment and medical device industry.
* Successful track record with buying groups and procurement managers.
We respectively request Government Officials to identify themselves as such on application; for the purpose of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd. - fka -Ethicon Ltd. (7355)