6 months ago
If you're a Technical Engineer or Technical Architect with experience of working in digital or middleware technologies and you'd like to work for a top 3 employer in the UK, read on.
We're looking for several positions, and although we may not have specific vacancies live now we may have something for you in the next few weeks.
So, if you can't find something that fits your skills and experience click here to read more about joining one of our Talent Communities.
Who we're looking for
To join our Talent Community for this area you'll need the following:
* Have strong stakeholder management & engagement skills, effective at all levels
* Possess well-developed negotiation & facilitation skills
* Have experience in leading teams including task management & mentoring
* Where required, able to work with the business defining their requirements
* Be experienced working with both onshore & offshore resources
* Digital Only; Have up to date knowledge of Mobile technologies and Service Oriented Architectures
* Middleware only; Possess up to date knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture technologies and methods
* Middleware only; Have experience designing performant, scalable & secure middleware applications
For digital it would be nice if you also had 3 or more of the following:
* Expert in modern mobile development, architectures and best practices
* Worked extensively using design patterns including MVC and MVVM
* Experience with Responsive Web Design
* Experience designing and developing SOA solutions using both REST & SOAP protocols
* Experience with C#, ASP.net MVC, WCF, WebAPI
* Experience with Continuous Integration and DevOps
* Good knowledge of Agile methodologies and experience in working within SCRUM development teams
* Experience of UML and UML design tools such as Rational Software Architect
* Experience of native application development for iOS, Android or WP10
* Leading peer review processes and best practices
* Experience with Team Foundation Server/Jenkins
For Middleware it would be nice if you had 2 or more of the following:
* Experience of the banking specific business model Information Framework (IFW)
* Experience of business process modelling
* Experience of Application development in Websphere technologies
* Experience of SoftwareAG products – ARIS and Centrasite
And 3 or more in one of the main categories below:
* Extensive experience of real time systems integration and Service Oriented Architecture
* Design experience using two of the following IBM Websphere technologies including Integration Bus, MQ, BPM, ODM and DataPower
* Experience of the Rational Design product portfolio, specifically Rational Team
* Concert and Rational Software Architect
* Experience of Designing Enterprise Middleware solutions
* Experience of integration across a broad range of technologies particularly including
* Microsoft, SAP, and Unisys, plus cloud hosted services
* Knowledge of WCF, WSDL, REST, SOAP
* Experience of translating System Use Case and Analysis Process Models into architecturally aligned Orchestration Process Models
* Experience of Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN)
* Experience of Technical Analysis role
* Experience of IBM Business Process Manager (BPM) is an advantage.
* Knowledge of the Rational Design product portfolio, specifically Rational Team
* Concert and Rational Software Architect.
* Experience in data modelling metadata, master data and data quality
* Object Oriented modelling, deep UML and SOA Service knowledge, SoaML,
* Analysis and Profiling a data landscape, reading XML and use of related concepts
* Knowledge of Process Modelling, Business Processes and Technical Workflow
* Knowledge of Message driven Service Modelling
* Experience of the Rational Design product portfolio, specifically Rational Team Concert and Rational Software Architect
What you'll be doing
Our IT and Digital Development centres design & deliver high quality solutions for over 15 million Nationwide Building Society customers alongside our 20,000 colleagues. From our mobile banking app through to mobile solutions for our branches, our teams are continually innovating and enabling the use of next generation technology.
Our track record of innovation
Our teams have a proven track record of innovation, having launched PayM, Apple Pay and Android Pay on the day of their UK launch. We also maintain three payment systems which thousands of our customers make use of every day.
Despite our focus on innovation, we've also remained a people led organisation at our core; as shown by our continued investment in our branch network and existing legacy systems.