4 months ago
* Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Engineering, Operation Research, Computer Science, related field, or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience working with statistical (R, S-Plus, SAS, Python or similar) and database software (SQL or equivalent).
* Experience in a Project Management role.
* Master’s degree or PhD in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operation Research, Computer Science or related field.
* Experience in consumer insights or advertising effectiveness research.
* Experience in communicating the outcomes of complex analyses to non-technical audiences.
* Interest in online advertising, digital media consumption patterns and branding measurement.
About the job
In this role, you will help develop and implement Google’s marketing research vision through robust and innovative analysis of internal and external data sources. You'll have analytical knowledge, excellent business judgment, and the ability to define and prioritize analyses to illustrate and support the impact of advertising and media. You have experience working with large and disparate data sets and applying advanced statistical methods to these data sets.
You’ll uncover insights and share those externally, as you'll work on Google's key initiatives.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
* Design and implement innovative, unique and robust analyses across internal and external data sources to understand consumer behavior, media consumption and advertising effectiveness.
* Break down complex data into simple concepts, utilizing technical and analytical skills with a curiosity and passion for storytelling and marketing.
* Collaborate with other analytical and research teams across Google to ensure market insights stays informed of relevant work in other parts of the organization.
* Work with appropriate product/technical teams across Google products to push the limits of what’s possible with our current datasets.
* Work with the EMEA Ads Marketing team to support their narratives and generate insights for marketing materials and events.