12 days ago
Retail and Corporate Finance Accountant – Milton Keynes
Retail and Corporate Finance Accountant – Milton Keynes
South East England
Making banking easier for all of our customers
Santander have an exciting opportunity to join our Gesban UK Reporting team, based in the heart of our business – Milton Keynes, as a Retail and Corporate Finance Accountant. The Reporting team play an important role within Santander, providing accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and annual reporting for Santander UK and its subsidiaries.
There are multiple facets to the role; the successful candidate will improve upon their finance knowledge with visibility and experience over reporting submissions 1, 2 and 3; ledger systems (Walker, Chess and Fusion), AORP reconciliations and intercompany reconciliations in connection with the retail and corporate banks that make up Santander UK plc.
In addition, they will support the Retail and Corporate Finance Manager with specific duties and responsibilities that will include building relationships with other departments, for example: Group Reporting, Treasury Accounting, Retail and Corporate MI and Santander Technologies in order to improve finance knowledge of the bank and incorporate this knowledge into improving quality deliverables and process improvement.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Retail and Corporate Finance Accountant your main responsibilities will be
* Accurate month end, quarter end and year end reporting; including detailed analysis for external reporting (submission 1, 2 and 3);
* Preparing monthly journals and related AORP reconciliations for the retail and corporate banks and undertaking monthly trend analysis to ensure understanding of movements during the month;
* Responding to queries from Group Reporting and both internal and external auditors where applicable;
* Completing daily journals connected with daily funding of the retail and Corporate banks;
* Analysing retail and corporate sundry assets each month for Capital reporting;
* Analysing retail and corporate liabilities each month for liquidity purposes on behalf of Group Reporting team;
* Organising intercompany settlements to related companies and third parties on time and involvement in projects with aim to improve overall quality and efficiency in processes and deliverables to stakeholders.
Minimum skills and experience required
* Financial experience including; double entry, journals, and understanding concepts of trial balances
* Comfortable communicating with people
* Not afraid to challenge attitudes and concepts
* Part qualified or interested in studying
* Excel experience including basic formulas, Vlookups, Sumifs, Pivot Tables
Salary is £27,000 - £32,000
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
* Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
You’ll be based in one of our biggest offices in the UK, right in the heart of Milton Keynes, home to a range of key functions including Marketing, Finance and Risk and conveniently located only a short walking distance from Milton Keynes Central rail station and Shopping Centre. Offering an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple, personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.