6 months ago
Retail Bank Media Relations Manager – London
Retail Bank Media Relations Manager – London
Turn big plans for your career into action
We have an exciting opportunity for a Retail Media Relations Manager to assist with the delivery of a first class media relations service. You will support the Senior Media Relations Manager and contribute to the development and implementation of the Retail Banking external communications strategy.
The primary object of this role will be to protect and promote the reputation and brand values of the retail business amongst key external audiences. You will also provide communication consultancy to the business in conjunction with the wider Media Relations team and will be required to work with the retail team through to senior management level.
The Retail Bank Media Relations Manager will build and maintain good relationships with the print, online and broadcast media and in particular the Personal Finance Press. You will arrange and support media contact programmes in conjunction with Retail Bank Media Relations Manager and prepare press releases, reactive statements, articles, blogs and briefing notes as required.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As the Media Relations Manager your main responsibilities will be:
* To proactively promote the Retail Banking business and expertise - identifying potential stories, news hooks and opportunities for creative campaigns. To run a proactive media relationship programme for the Retail business with print, online and broadcast media and provide content for social media channels.
* Researching and writing press releases, briefings, presentations, articles, blogs, Q&A’s and other communication materials. Acting as spokesperson when issues arise.
* Helping organise and attend as necessary: interviews, visits and events and provide appropriate briefings to senior leaders.
* Sourcing proactive communication opportunities through regular meetings with Retail business partners i.e. special reports and forward features.
* Building collaborative relationships to support and influence senior Retail stakeholders up to Executive level.
* Ensuring all external communications are signed off through appropriate governance channels. Proactively promote compliance to Corporate Communications policies to all business stakeholders / internal network.
Minimum skills and experience required:
* You will have experience in Media Relations in an in-house or PR Agency or consulting role with knowledge of the Retail Banking sector and understanding of the linkages into wider Financial Services.
* A track-record of writing in different styles, including consumer / business audiences and on a range of subjects across the Retail Banking sector. You will be numerate and comfortable working with corporate and financial information in a commercial environment.
* Proven track record as an effective Media Relations executive / spokesperson in a busy press office for a high profile brand or organisation.
* Able to research and write about a wide range of Retail Banking subjects and issues and identify the core Santander interest quickly in a variety of situations. You will possess sound judgment of reputational and commercial interests, and how external trends and events will impact on the business.
* Demonstrable energy, pragmatism and efficient enough to handle a high volume and intensity of issues, and to manage a number of different projects and priorities simultaneously.
Salary is Competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* £6,000 car allowance per year
* Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station. It’s one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR. With an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.