6 months ago
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Are you a Development Manager looking for your next role with an award-winning global retail business? Then we’d love to hear from you!
WHY WORK FOR THE BODY SHOP?
When Anita Roddick founded The Body Shop in 1976, she had a vision. Business as a force for good – that’s us. Over 40 years later, we’re proud to be pioneering cruelty-free beauty every step of the way. We’re the original ethical beauty brand. We’ve got a thing for empowering people and enriching our planet. We’re all about keeping it real, in every way possible.
Our activist roots remain a huge part of everything we do, from our iconic window posters to our vegetarian products to our infamous campaigns. We’re never afraid to stand up and speak the truth. We like to do things a little differently around here.
In fact, this is an incredibly exciting time for The Body Shop. We’re fighting for what we believe in now more than ever. No holding back. Breaking the mould has always come naturally to us, and we need someone who’s not afraid to mix things up.
WHO ARE NATURA &CO?
The Body Shop, along with Aesop and Natura, is part of Natura &Co, a global, multi-channel and multi-brand cosmetics group that is committed to generating positive economic, social and environmental impact. Group owner Natura is Brazil's number one cosmetics manufacturer. Sustainable development has been the company's guiding principle since it was founded in 1969.
THE ROLE IN A NUTSHELL
In line with Global Purpose, Values and Leadership initiatives, lead learning interventions across the Global Retail sectors, bringing EVP to life through leadership development.
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE
* Create appropriate learning interventions that aligns front-line teams and their leadership teams to create a consistent offering
* Lead the design of both behavioural and leadership retail development programmes
* Support and identify the development needs of the management and leadership population and create a range of interventions designed to build leadership capability aligned to our leadership framework and business needs, including benchmarking, profiling and capability assessment
* Work with the Head of Leadership Development, Management Teams and expert third parties to implement training and development activity that is relevant, appropriate and cost effective, delivering a clear ROI
* Liaise with external organisations and awarding bodies to benchmark training and development and where relevant, align with qualification frameworks to provide recognition (where appropriate)
* Develop working relationships across the business to ensure the function is championed and supported at all levels
* Represent the function, where required, on key strategic projects – recommending learning solutions aligned to business needs
* Seek opportunities to promote success through reward and recognition programmes
* Coaching and facilitation experience
* Experience in designing and project managing integrated learning solutions – concepts, principles, practice and thought leadership
* Experience of Leadership Development programme design
* Knowledge of development techniques that drive increased performance improvement with a clear ROI
* Negotiation skills and management of contracts with external suppliers required
* A good knowledge of best and emerging learning and development practice
* Experience of psychometric profiling and conducting capability assessments
Our global HQ is located in the heart of East Croydon – 1 minute walk from the train station and is just 10 minutes train ride from Clapham Junction and 16 minutes from London Victoria. Our brand new office opened just over one year ago and provides a light, modern and open-plan work space that includes an onsite global café and even a living wall in the reception area.
Want to join the Body Shop team? Then please apply today – as well as a competitive salary, here are just a few of the rewards and benefits you can look forward to when you join us: a 5% non-contributory pension plan, 23 days holiday, 3 days a year to volunteer in the local community, 50% staff discount and access to product sample sales, access to Perks At Work our online shopping channel with exclusive deals & discounts, as well as LOVE money to spend on your wellbeing and personal development. We have also implemented ‘Work Wise’ into our HQ - flexibility of ‘in-office’ hours, the ability to work remotely and a new meeting charter. Here at The Body Shop we’ve got your best interests at heart – it’s our way of saying thank you!