6 months ago
Risk Analyst – Permanent - Triton Square
Risk Analyst – Permanent - Triton Square
Making banking easier for all of our customers
We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Risk Analyst to join our Risk Management team based in London.
This Risk Analyst role sits within the Market & Structural Risk team with responsibility for the monitoring and control and review and challenge of the Market & Structural Risk across Santander UK. The team has responsibility for developing the monitoring and control as well as the review and challenge of Liquidity, Market and Pensions Risk. These responsibilities extend to the creation and maintenance of all related policy, manuals and framework documentation.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Market and Structural Analyst your main responsibilities will be:
* Helping to develop reporting and stress testing
* Maintenance of existing and develop new policies for risk monitoring and control
* Preparation of MI and analysis as well as presentations to senior committees
* Work with other business areas in Risk, Retail and Corporate Divisions and Financial Markets, and support Market Risk management in business or departmental wide initiatives
* Provide analysis for work with external parties such as regulators and ratings agencies
* Provide ad-hoc analysis as required
Minimum skills and experience required:
* Education to degree standard in a quantitative or business subject (e.g. maths, or economics), or equivalent
* Banking or other financial services experience, with experience in at least one of the Market and Structural Risk disciplines (Market, Liquidity and Pensions)
* Knowledge of the related regulatory and compliance environment
* Experience of involvement in stress testing as well as the review and challenge of Commercial Plans, ILAAPs and ICAAPs
* Proven ability to take emerging regulation or market practice and translate into implications for market and structural risk
* Relevant IT skills including advanced working experience of Excel
* Good general analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to make recommendations based on your own analysis
* Good written and verbal communication, with the proven ability to communicate complex issues succinctly and accurately
* Ability to explain complex issues to both a technical and non-technical audience
* Experience of Treasury systems (e.g. Wall Street, Summit, Murex) and a good working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint is desirable
Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
* Pension with generous contributions from Santander
* 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
* Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
* 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
* Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
* Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
* Access to an All Employee car scheme
* Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
* Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
* Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station. It’s one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR. With an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.