E-commerce Sales Assistant in Dynamic Arctic Travel company
Pro-active E-commerce Sales Assistant needed for Travel company specialising in Arctic Norway.
Compensation: £20,000 - £21,000 annually
Ever dreamed of a job that combines exploring the Arctic with your tech-savvy and pro-active skill set? Arctic Holiday Ltd is a small but exciting travel company based in North London focusing on spectacular experiences for lucky clients in Norway and the rest of the Arctic.
We are growing and need an enthusiastic IT literate e-commerce sales assistant who will relish being part of growing this new company.
Your role would include using our new booking system Citybreak Professional for booking trips for customers, as well as uploading information into Citybreak and learning how to use the back office system. Training and support from from us will be given, but experience within travel and tour production, as well as e-commerce and sales is welcome. You will be a creative, organised and pro-active individual used to thinking outside the box and working both in a team and at your own steam. You must feel confident speaking to customers from all walks of life on the phone as well as in writing and online. You are energetic, willing to learn and happy selling our amazing tours, and you enjoy traveling to our destinations and creating new opportunities for yourself and the company. This is a unique opportunity to work and prosper within an on-trend new brand in buzzy Camden, London.
- Answering calls and online enquiries to sell trips to the Arctic, excellent client communication skills required
- Learning the back office IT system, no programming skills needed
- Using the online and back office system when quoting for trips
- Helping our system expert upload data and trips to the back office system and managing online content in Wordpress
- Destination knowledge, may involve some travel
- Some budgeting
- Following up enquires from online bookings
- Helping with anything else that is needed in busy times
Key skills, knowledge and experience
- Degree or some experience within tourism or sales
- Degree or experience with online commerce and back office systems
- Sales skills, enthusiasm and passion for travel essential
- Strong IT skills in general - Word, Excel, Wordpress and Power Point
- Strong communicator and excellent English skills, both written and oral
- Good phone manner
- Initiative taking and pro-active
- Excellent organisational skills
- Other languages a bonus, particularly any Scandinavian language
- Good redaction skills when answering online enquiries via phone or email
- Being comfortable in helping wherever needed during the day
Additional Application Instructions
Please send an email entitled “E-commerce sales” of no more than 250 words explaining why you would like the job and why you would be good for it, as well as with your contact details. All applicants must be London based as the office is in Camden.