5 months ago
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience with web services related standards such as HTTP, REST, SOAP, and OAuth.
* Experience building and delivering Proofs of Concept (PoCs) independently.
* Experience architecting and developing software for scalable, distributed systems.
* Experience as a technical sales engineer in a cloud computing environment or in a customer-facing role, working as a member of a professional services or systems engineering team.
* Familiarity with middleware and cloud technologies, including NoSQL data stores, Google Cloud and mobile app development.
* Ability to lead architecture discussions and influence key decision makers around deployment topologies, scaling, performance and sizing.
* Ability to speak and write in English and Italian or Spanish fluently and idiomatically.
* Ability to travel 50% of the time as required.
About the job
Apigee Edge is an advanced API platform that enables enterprises to create, manage, secure and scale APIs. Using Apigee, enterprises can design and deploy API proxies in public and private clouds, secure data in transit with OAuth 2.0, SAML and two-way TLS, protect against traffic spikes by adding dynamic routing, caching and rate-limiting policies to APIs, and measure the success of both API operations and API business with end-to-end analytics.
As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help businesses of all sizes leverage technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Sales Engineer, you'l play a key role in establishing credibility and confidence with our prospective clients, by demonstrating and proving our value through our products, services, and thought leadership.
You'll work closely with prospective customers by providing digital/API strategy and technology expertise to compliment the account development efforts of strategic and regional Sales teams. In this role, you'll be responsible for sharing best practices and knowledge about API strategies, the optimal leverage of Apigee and gaining the long-term trust of C-Suite executives and advisors.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
* Develop a working relationship with customers' technical staff and gain their trust and credibility through your deep technical knowledge and subject matter expertise.
* Work closely with Account Executives to align technical requirements and solution design with customers' business drivers.
* Develop Proofs of Concept, presentations and demonstrations with a clear plan to take a prospect successfully through the evaluation process.
* Manage and lead customers through the evaluation process to completion.
* Coordinate and deliver RFP/I/Q responses and technical architecture solutions.