4 months ago
Opening date for applications: 7th May 2019
Closing date for applications: 4th June 2019
Competitive salary applies.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience as a technical sales engineer in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a customer-facing role.
* Experience in one of the following: cloud migration, disaster recovery, application/servers assessment and discovery.
* Experience in data center architectures and components.
* Master’s degree or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field.
* Experience in advanced areas of networking, including Linux, software-defined networking, network virtualization, open protocols, application acceleration and load balancing, DNS, virtual private networks and their application to PaaS and IaaS technologies.
* Experience with public cloud platforms, including infrastructure, storage, platforms.
* Experience with deployment methodologies and technologies (CI/CD, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.).
* Experience with Windows, Linux system administration, and/or Enterprise applications.
* Experience in advanced security (e.g., Authentication Protocols, Identity and Access Management Systems, etc.).
About the job
When leading companies choose Google Cloud it's a huge win for spreading the power of cloud computing globally. Once educational institutions, government agencies, and other businesses sign on to use Google Cloud products, you come in to facilitate making their work more productive, mobile, and collaborative. You assist fellow sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You liaise with the product marketing management and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
In this role, you will work hand-in-hand with the Sales team to introduce Google Cloud to our customers. You will help prospective, existing customers and partners understand the power of Google Cloud, develop creative cloud solutions and architectures to solve their business challenges, and problem-solve any potential technical roadblocks.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
* Challenge and inspire customers and peers to solve difficult problems with ambitious and novel solutions, leveraging technical competences.
* Work with the team to identify and qualify business opportunities, identify key customer technical objections and develop a strategy to resolve technical blockers.
* Manage the technical relationship with Google’s customers, including managing product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of additional technical resources.
* Work hands-on with customers to demonstrate and prototype Google Cloud product integrations in customer/partner environments.
* Recommend migration strategies, enterprise architectures, migration tools and cloud infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution using best practices on Google Cloud.