3 months ago
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience in an Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and/or Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) sales role.
* Field sales experience in the technology industry, promoting Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and/or Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS).
* Experience promoting cloud computing technologies to large complex organizations across geographies.
* Experience managing and leading a team.
* Understanding of data and networking technologies, the global cloud computing market and key drivers for growth in the target industry segment.
* Understanding of how various cloud technologies work together to drive deeper technology adoption within the existing account base.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Sales Manager, you will be responsible for the market success of our new products and for the adoption of our business-relevant and pure-cloud solutions. You'll work to positively impact business metrics, including business growth attainment, shorter business cycles, larger business sizes, etc. through knowledge, team-work and programmatic engagement.
You'll work with Sales, Marketing, Operations and Product Strategists to define/achieve strategic goals. You'll work with field marketing to build campaigns, tailoring business assets/tools to the market segment needs, providing sales teams the support they need for customers and working with the Sales Success team to implement programs that drive growth.
You'll create and participate in external thought leadership events, actively advocate the products/solutions in the region and help validate and refine the overall product plan, positioning and go-to-market strategies. You'll manage a team of Field Sellers focused on the Manufacturing and Industrial verticals within the UK and Ireland. You're a highly-driven sales professional who is prepared to search for new businesses, operate in a highly entrepreneurial environment and be comfortable navigating ambiguity. You will leverage knowledge of our offerings to become a trusted advisor to large and small companies on how they can utilize Google’s core infrastructure to launch new business units and ideas.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
* Lead and implement Go-to-Market propositions in a given business sector, pulling together Marketing, Demand Management, Solutions, and Product and Engineering teams to produce a focused proposition.
* Build and maintain relationships to influence long-term strategic direction, and act as a trusted advisor to the customer.
* Work with wider Google Account teams to develop and drive pipeline, and to provide guidance. Work with Google Cloud Platform Partners to develop campaigns.
* Collaborate with Sales Engineering and Marketing teams to provide input on current collateral materials and ideas on how to improve them to maximize Google Cloud Platform in a given team.
* Build a pipeline of customers within selected verticals. Work towards strategic business goals.