3 months ago
* BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related software engineering field, or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience working across cloud computing (infrastructure, storage, platforms and data), as well as cloud market, competitive dynamics and customer buying behavior.
* Experience in data and Information Lifecycle Management relating to SAP portfolio and technologies.
* Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
* Master's degree in Computer Science or other relevant technical field.
* Experience with Big Data, Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) technologies.
* Experience serving as a Customer Service Operative or Technical Sales Engineer in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a customer facing role (including working as a member of a professional services or systems engineering team).
* Experience with SAP technologies (e.g. SAP Business Suite, S/4HANA, SAP Business Warehouse, SAP Hybris, SAP Business Objects, Sybase, Leonardo suite etc.) and their architecture and infrastructure needs.
* Experience with SAP HANA, including sizing, disaster recovery, multi tenancy concepts, scale-out architectures and data tiering.
* Understanding of SAP cloud offerings with focus on HEC and SAP Cloud Platform. Ability to quickly learn, understand and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the cloud technology space.
About the job
When leading companies choose Google Cloud it's a huge win for spreading the power of cloud computing globally. Once educational institutions, government agencies, and other businesses sign on to use Google Cloud products, you come in to facilitate making their work more productive, mobile, and collaborative. You assist fellow sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You liaise with the product marketing management and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
As a SAP Solutions Consultant, you'll engage with customers to understand their business and technical requirements, and persuasively present practical and useful solutions on Google Cloud.
In this role, you will work hand-in-hand with the Sales team to introduce Google Cloud to our customers. You'll help prospective customers and partners understand the power of Google Cloud, explain technical features and problem-solve any potential roadblocks with a specific focus on SAP workloads running on Google Cloud Platform.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
* Identify business and technical requirements, conduct full technical discovery and architect client solutions to meet gathered requirement. Communicate effectively with English-speaking clients.
* Lead the technical projects including such activities as technology advocacy, supporting bid responses, product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of supporting technical resources.
* Prepare and deliver product messaging in an effort to highlight Google Cloud Platform value proposition using techniques to include whiteboard and slide presentations, product demonstrations, white papers, trial management and RFI response documents.
* Make recommendations on integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution providing best practice advice to customers to optimize Google Cloud Platform effectiveness.