3 months ago
About the role
We have a fantastic opportunity for you to join the number 1 global insurance brand as a Schemes Development Underwriter.
Working as part of the Schemes hub teams, you will have ownership of new and existing schemes to maximise opportunities for growth and profitability working in partnership with Brokers to deliver planned financial outcomes. You will also have ownership for income and regulatory compliance, financial results for allocated accounts and brokers through a delegated authority model.
You will need to be an experienced Schemes Underwriter with the ability to negotiate face-to-face with a panel of intermediaries; you will be self motivated, and comfortable managing your own work load but critically need to work within a team across multiple offices.
If you would like to a part of this, we would very much like to hear from you.
What you will be doing
* Deliver of planned financial results through effective underwriting of cases, regular schemes reviews, including profitability, analysis of referrals, claims and BDX data and sales and retention data.
* Identify and investigate reasons for poorly performing schemes, making recommendations for actions to improve with support of other key stakeholders.
* Contribute to the improvement of profitability by conducting allocated audits and implementing key actions, agreed with Brokers, to improve account performance.
* All underwriting guides, policy wordings and documentation to be accurate and fit for purpose throughout the lifecycle of the scheme.
* Responsible for ensuring all internal and external compliance measures are met and agreed actions are relevant and met.
* Compliance with all underwriting controls and all underwriting to meet the required quality standards.
* Responsible for the delivery of excellent service, service KPI’s are met and exceeded.
* Seek to continually improve processes, responsible for the delivery of process guides and training to ensure all non-underwriting activity is completed in support teams, maximum monthly utilisation is achieved.
* Work across schemes sites to deliver strong outcomes for AXA and Brokers.
* Accountable for maximising schemes opportunities and performance improvement of existing schemes.
* Underwriting authority level in line with the empowerment guidelines.
* Educated to Degree level or equivalent experience.
* Progress towards CII qualification preferred.
Skills and Knowledge
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Strong trading capability, commercial awareness, negotiation skills and ability to build
* strong Broker relationships.
* Pragmatic and confident decision maker with proven experience in decision making in technical underwriting scenarios within a commercial environment.
* Knowledge of risk assessment and risk management.
* Understanding of commercial insurance market and processes, including legislative and
* regulatory requirements.
* Knowledge of the AXA Commercial lines product range and schemes proposition
* Good analytical and numerical reasoning skills.
* Experience of other lines of business e.g commercial combined preferred.
* Management of Broker relationships.
* Experience of general insurance.
With a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally. You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
Every large company today talks about supporting diversity and inclusion. But at AXA UK, these values form an integral part of everything we do. For us, it’s about bringing together the best talent, helping people to realise their full potential by being 100% themselves at work and delivering outstanding service to everyone – regardless of difference.
Proud to be part of the AXA Group, the number one global insurance brand and a worldwide leader in financial services, AXA Insurance businesses employ over 5,500 in a network of offices across the UK. Our expert teams care for a huge range of customers, helping them protect their cars, homes and businesses against life’s uncertainties. Whether bought directly, through brokers or through a number of corporate partners, our market-leading products are trusted by millions.
What We Offer
As you’d expect from a global leader, our reward package is a global beater – here’s a small selection of our current benefits:
* Bonus Scheme linked to yours and the company’s performance
* Pension scheme with employer contributions as well as your own
* 23 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays
* Flexible benefit options including pension and life cover flexing, holiday purchase,
* childcare vouchers, health, dental and critical illness plans and bikes4work
* Discount on all AXA Insurance products, including insurance, breakdown cover & healthcare
* Interest free season ticket loan scheme
Important notice: We’ve recently become aware of a recruitment scam in which candidates are asked to be interviewed on Google Hangouts. It is not our policy to conduct interviews via Google Hangouts (we much prefer face-to-face), so if you have been asked to do this, please let the recruitment team know and we’ll do our best to advise you. Likewise, if you’re unsure if the person you’re speaking to is genuinely an AXA recruiter or the job you’re ing for is legitimately from AXA, please get in touch and we can check for you. We cannot be held responsible for any interviews conducted without our knowledge and authorisation. If you’re unsure and would like some advice, feel free to get in touch with our recruitment team.