2 months ago
Don’t just follow
digital trends, Help create one.
Are you Agile? Do you have a passion for people and teams? How do you ensure stakeholders don’t over-influence the team? Can you strike up a good partnership with a product owner to the benefit of the product?
How do you make a team better? What kinds of waste and friction have you seen that needed removing? What tends to go wrong? And what about tech? Have you ever done any?
The Loyalty & Benefits Platform is part of the larger Enterprise Platforms Centre of Excellence where product and engineering resources have been organisationally brought together to improve speed to market and further unlock value across core capabilities. Loyalty & Benefits Platform serves a broad set of products and solutions across the enterprise that require close collaboration with colleagues who develop new card products, digital channels, marketing operations, membership rewards, co-brand programs, card benefits, insurance, analytics, operations excellence and servicing. We focus on powering both new product offerings as well as existing ones to build highly configurable core capabilities as it relates to account attributes, customer enrolment, offer & program set-up, qualification, tracking, redemption, fulfilment, channel & partner integrations of various Loyalty & Benefits products for our customers.
Aligning to AXP’s framework for winning, we will power the world’s best loyalty & benefit experiences for our customers with a team of passionately productive software product, engineering and delivery talent using agile practices to build highly available, nimble, extensible & modern applications collaborating across the enterprise. Our platform will transform to enable value working with colleagues across servicing, global digital channels, products and partnerships, ensuring we can remain competitive and relevant in our customer’s lives.
We are looking for a high performing and enthusiastic Scrum Master to join the team in Global Loyalty Technology in Burgess Hill.
* Be a true servant leader, coaching the team(s) in self-organization and cross-functionality
* Facilitate Scrum events as requested or needed and provide feedback to the team(s)
* Work to remove blockers so that the team(s) can operate efficiently
* Guide the Product Owner to sustain the Product Backlog and maximise value
* Contribute to the resolution of wider organisational impediments that impact the team(s)
* Work with Agile Coaches helping to drive cultural change and increase effectiveness using a variety of agile methodologies
* Doing everything possible to ensure delighting customers
* Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem solving.
* Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
Offer of employment
with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a
background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
* Have extensive experience playing
the Team Facilitator/Scrum Master role across multiple teams within an agile
environment applying agile/lean principles, practices, and theory
* Experience with Agile at scale
frameworks (SAFe, LeSS, DAD etc)
* Have excellent skills and knowledge
of servant leadership, facilitation, continuous improvement, empowerment,
self-organisation and ways to increase transparency
* Have experience with agile
transformations, coaching teams/business towards maturity and evangelising
* Be a pro-active, self-motivated,
confident person with good organisational and communication skills with strong
attention to detail – must be able to engage all levels and fit into the team
* A passion for working with
colleagues and getting the best out of them
* Ability to be diplomatic while in
negotiations & troubleshooting
least first level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I) ideally CSP, PSM II
and any other relevant agile qualifications and training.
a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing
them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on
their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of
learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and
thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges,
or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready
to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the
guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
powerful backing of American Express.
make a difference without it.
live life without it.
A competitive benefits offering designed to
support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
* Health care scheme
* Defined contribution pension plan
* Dental scheme
* Virtual GP
* Life assurance
* Income protection
* Core holiday allowance with opportunity to
buy or sell additional days
* Car Allowance/Company Car Option
* A range of flexible benefits to choose from
designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments,
critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
* Employee Discount Portal
* Back up childcare/adultcare
* Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes,
Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse,
Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you
require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any
reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on
or 00800 83
000038 (for Russia based candidates).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 30, 2018, 3:59:39 AM