8 months ago
Don’t just have a great idea, build it.
We are looking for a positive, collaborative and experienced Scrum Master to join our Global Commercial Services Technology team in American Express, Burgess Hill.
Our technology is at the forefront of American Express’s transformation, and we have a great culture that we are proud of and in which everyone works together and plays a part. If this sounds like something you’d enjoy, come and be a part of it today!
Be a true servant leader, coaching the team(s) in self-organization and cross-functionality
* Facilitate Scrum events as requested or needed and provide feedback to the team(s)
* Work to remove blockers so that the team(s) can operate efficiently
* Guide the Product Owner to sustain the Product Backlog and maximise value
* Contribute to the resolution of wider organisational impediments that impact the team(s)
* Work with Agile Coaches helping to drive cultural change and increase effectiveness using a variety of agile methodologies
* Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem solving.
* Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
* Have extensive experience playing the Team Facilitator/Scrum Master role across multiple teams within an agile environment applying agile / lean principles, practices, and theory
* Have excellent skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, continuous improvement, empowerment, self-organisation and ways to increase transparency
Desirable skills or qualities:
* Be a pro-active, self-motivated, confident person with good organisational and communication skills with strong attention to detail - must be able to engage all levels and fit into the team culture
* A passion for working with colleagues and inspiring everyone to give their best
* Ability to be diplomatic while in negotiations & troubleshooting
* Have experience with agile transformations, coaching teams / business towards maturity and evangelising agile / lean principles
* Experience with Agile at scale frameworks (SAFe, LeSS, DAD etc)
* Have at least first level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I) ideally CSP, PSM II and any other relevant agile qualifications and training
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
* Health care scheme
* Defined contribution pension plan
* Dental scheme
* Virtual GP
* Life assurance
* Income protection
* Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
* Car Allowance/Company Car Option
* A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
* Employee Discount Portal
* Back up childcare/adultcare
* Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below.However,If you require any assistance with the completion of this process or need any reasonable adjustments to be made then please contact the Campus Recruitment Team.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 27, 2018, 8:39:22 AM