11 days ago
SCUK Digital Marketing Manager, Redhill (SECONDMENT/FTC)
SCUK Digital Marketing Manager, Redhill (SECONDMENT/FTC)
South East England
Santander Consumer (UK) plc (SCUK) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Santander UK, one of the UK’s primary banks and part of Grupo Santander, one of the largest financial groups in the world. As a company in its own right SCUK was founded in 2005. It operates within the market under the SCUK brand as well as through a number of white-label and joint venture companies, providing funding solutions for both Motor Retailers and Consumers.
Reporting to the Head of Channel Development, and based at SCUK head office in Redhill, Surrey, the key purpose of the role is to develop and deliver the organisation’s sales channel development strategy by ensuring that a coherent, aligned point of sale and online customer experience is realised, one that integrates as appropriate with OEM and Dealer partners
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Under the guidance of line management, assist in developing SCUK’s sales channel development strategy with specific focus on:
• Developing a fully aligned point of sale and online customer experience.
• Utilisation of the internet as a sales and service transactional tool.
• Integration into OEM and Dealer partner activity.
• Ensuring a compliant sales process exists across all business channels
Planning and budgetary control:
Develop an annual activity plan outlining timings and high-level deliverables based on the strategic goals established for the role and deliver the agreed plan in line with the prescribed budget through on-going review and monitoring of costs.
Establish a sound working relationship with SCUK Brand Marketing Managers, with internal stakeholders across other business functions, with the key OEM and Dealer partners and with external suppliers.
Digital channel development – sales:
Develop true end-to-end online sales transactional capability for SCUK, one that is flexible in nature, has multiple customer ‘calls to action’ and that can be delivered either directly to consumers or through integration with partner websites (OEM and Dealer).
Digital channel development – service:
Support the development and delivery of online service transactional capability both directly from the SCUK website and also through integration with associate and partner websites.
Working in close conjunction with the organisation’s IT function, ensure all IT development is delivered in a manner that will maximise coverage and usage through being device sensitive and functioning across all appropriate web browsers.
Point of sale channel development:
Support market-leading customer experience through developing existing Dealer point of sale tools (including SOL), as well as through the delivery of an aligned, multi-channel sales journey for both new and existing customers.
Insight and continuous improvement:
Establish an on-going review process and utilise market and customer insight in order to continually improve and refine the SCUK point of sale and online customer experience with the aim of maximising conquest, loyalty and advocacy levels.
Business support and information:
Lead the delivery of a suite of business support, reporting and management tools to be utilised across the Commercial Division.
Ensure all activity is compliant from a legal, regulatory and business perspective, with specific focus on ensuring sustainability and driving good customer outcomes.
Carry out any other tasks from time to time as may reasonably be requested.
Summary of Key Competencies
Must be capable of developing coherent high-level strategic plans as well as detailed activity level plans.
Must possess first class written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with and present to both internal and external stakeholders across all levels of the business.
Must be an excellent team player, able to establish strong working relationships with stakeholders, colleagues and business partners.
Must display sound time management skills by delivering activity within prescribed timeframes through the effective prioritisation of actions (self and team) across multiple projects and ongoing programmes.
Influencing and negotiating skills:
Must be able to engage with internal and external stakeholders in order to reach mutually beneficial business outcomes.
Qualifications/Accreditations/Professional Membership & Level
Has the appropriate level of tertiary education and or other business related qualifications.
Other Requirements of the Role
Given the scope of this position it is essential that the job holder has the following experience:
• Has held previous positions that required input into operational level project delivery
• Has extensive experience within the Marketing arena with specific focus on the development of sales channels, having ideally worked in both a B-2-B-2C intermediary environment as well as within B-2-C operations.
• Would benefit from having worked in an organisation where multiple stakeholder management was common or where exposure to an international as well as domestic business operation existed.
• Is able to produce sound strategic and working documentation and presentations, including business case proposals, briefs and presentations.
• Has an appreciation of industry wide and marketing specific legal, regulatory and compliance issues and is familiar with the FCA’s principles of business including the ‘treating customer fairly’ code of conduct.
In addition to the above it is expected that any candidate is able to display a good understanding of the general market sector, can exhibit sound business acumen, has excellent interpersonal skills and is comfortable and confident when dealing with senior-level management.
• The position will require international as well as domestic travel from time to time.
• The jobholder must possess a full driving license.
• Salary £45,000-£50,000 per annum plus the ability to earn a bonus of up to 20%
• Employee Car Scheme
• Company pension scheme.
• Private health care
• Other benefits commensurate with the industry and level of position.